- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 7 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 7 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 9 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Weather today: Rains to pick up pace around weekend in Mumbai
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Royal Enfield recently revealed the Classic 500 Pegasus limited edition motorcycle inspired by the World War II bike used by the British paratroopers called as Flying Flea. Only 1,000 units of the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus will be manufactured and just 250 units will be sold in the Indian market.
Now, CarandBike reports that the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus limited edition will be launched in India on May 30, 2018. The Classic 500 Pegasus pays tribute to the iconic RE/WD 125 motorcycle which was used by the British paratroopers.
The RE/WD 125 which was also called as Flying Flea was a 2-stroke motorcycle and was airdropped at battlefields. Due to its low kerb weight, the RE/WD 125 was popular among the messengers as they could carry the bike on their shoulders if the terrain gets too difficult to ride.
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus limited edition motorcycles will feature a Pegasus logo on the fuel tank, military-style canvas panniers, leather strap with brass buckles and a tank badge similar to the RE/WD 125 or the Flying Flea.
The Classic 500 Pegasus limited edition also gets blacked out headlight bezel, engine, exhaust pipe and rims. The motorcycle does not get any chrome elements as the standard Classic 500. The new limited edition motorcycle will be offered in two colour options: Service Brown and Olive Drab Green.
Each unit of the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus limited edition will carry a unique numbering stencilled on the fuel tank. But it is not yet clear whether the Classic 500 Pegasus will be sold with the olive green colour. Generally, only military vehicles are painted in olive green colour.
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus draws power from the same 499cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing 27.2bhp and 41.3Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Other components such as suspension and brakes also remain unchanged.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus Limited Edition
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus limited edition pays homage to the legendary RE/WD 125. In the Uk, the motorcycle is launched at GBP 4,999 (approximately Rs 4.5 lakh). In India, the Classic 500 Pegasus is expected to be priced around Rs 2 lakh ex-showroom. The limited edition bike will be manufactured at company's Chennai plant.