- 5 min ago Protean Can Help You Pull Off Donuts In The Same Spot: Here’s How
- 11 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 17 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- Sports TNPL 2019: Karaikudi Kaalai vs Trichi Warriors: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- News IMA scam: Mansoor Khan to be produced before Special PMLA court in Bengaluru today
- Finance Over 2.69 Lakh Farmers Did Not Receive Benefits Of PM-KISAN Scheme
- Movies Arjun Rampal's GF Gabriella Demetriades Shares A Photo Of Him Holding Their Newborn Son In His Arms
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Technology Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Price Slashed By Up To Rs. 1,500
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Royal Enfield has revealed a new limited edition motorcycle inspired by the World War II model which was used by the British paratroopers, the Flying Flea. The limited edition model is named as the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus. The limited edition model is based on the iconic RE/WD 125 motorcycle.
The RE/WD 125 which was also known as Flying Flea was a 2-stroke motorcycle. The Flyinf Flea was airdropped at battlefields. The 2-stroke bike was lightweight, and it was popular among the messengers as they could carry the bike on their shoulders when terrain gets too difficult to ride.
Royal Enfield has stated that only 1,000 units of the Classic 500 Pegasus will be manufactured and just 250 units will be retailed in the Indian market. In the UK, the limited edition motorcycle is priced at GBP 4,999 (approximately Rs 4.5 lakh). In India, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus is likely to be priced around Rs 2 lakh ex-showroom.
The limited edition Royal Enfield motorcycle will feature a Pegasus logo on the fuel tank, military-style canvas panniers, leather strap with brass buckles and a tank badge similar to the RE/WD 125 or the Flying Flea. The handlebar, headlight bezel, exhaust muffler engine and rims are blacked out.
In the global market, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus will be available in two colour options; Olive Drab Green and Service Brown. In India, only the brown colour will be available. All the limited edition motorcycles will carry a unique serial number which will be embossed on the fuel tank.
On the mechanical front, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus will draw power from the existing 499cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing 27.2bhp and 41.3Nm of peak torque. The kerb weight of the limited edition bike stands at 194kg which is identical to the standard Classic 500.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus
The Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus is inspired by the legendary RE/WD 125 which was popularly known as the Flying Flea. Only 1,000 units of the limited edition model will be manufactured and only 250 units will be sold in India. The motorcycle will attract the buyers who love to collect vintage bikes or like the classic bikes from the long gone era.