TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Royal Enfield has rolled out an update for the base variant of the Classic 350 in the Indian market. The Royal Enfield Classic 350 now comes with a rear disc brake similar to the other variants of the bike. The Royal Enfield Classic 350 with rear disc brake carries a price tag of Rs 1.47 lakh ex-showroom (Mumbai).
The updated twin-disc variant of the Royal Enfield Classic 350 does not get the safety net of ABS. The ABS is only available on the Classic Signals 350 which was recently launched in the Indian market. But the ABS will be introduced on all the RE bikes by the end of this year.
Apart from the rear disc brake, there are no changes done to the base variant of the Classic 350. The motorcycle draws power from the same 346cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 19.8bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The Royal Enfield Classic 350 is equipped with 35mm telescopic forks at the front and five-step adjustable twin gas charged shock absorbers at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 280mm disc up front and 220mm disc at the rear. Note that the Classic 350 still does not get ABS.
The Royal Enfield Classic Signals 350 was the first Royal Enfield to be equipped with ABS. The Signals edition also gets a new colour and other subtle changes to the design of the motorcycle. The Royal Enfield Himalayan also comes with ABS as part of the company's strategy to introduce ABS on all the products.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Classic 350
Royal Enfield has finally introduced rear disc brake on the base variant of the Classic 350, but it is disappointing that the company has not included the ABS for this update. But with the rear disc brake, the overall braking performance will improve as compared to the drum brake. Royal Enfield is likely to introduce ABS on the Classic 350 in the coming months.