- 13 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 14 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 15 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Moist ground gives electric shock to school kids, 51 admitted to hospital
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Super 30 Made TAX-FREE In Bihar!
- Finance Rupee Trades Tad Lower At 68.57/ US Dollar
- Sports My gold medal in Naples is an answer to my critics, says Dutee Chand
- Technology Honor 20 Review: Top-Notch Mid-Ranger With Few Shortcomings
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Royal Enfield has showcased its upcoming mid-size 650 offerings, the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 at EICMA 2018. The Royal Enfield 650 Twins are among the most-awaited motorcycles in the country and is all set to launch in the Indian market.
Now, DriveSpark has learnt that the two motorcycles (Continental GT 650 & Interceptor 650) will be launched in the Indian market on the 14th of November 2018.
Sources also confirmed that the bookings for the 650 twins will begin from the day of the launch. However, the booking amount for the same is yet to be confirmed. Although, few dealerships are already accepting unofficial bookings for an amount of Rs 5,000.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 were first unveiled globally at EICMA 2017 and later showcased in India for the first time at last year's Rider Mania event.
The motorcycles showcased at the EICMA 2018 are the full-production version models, seen by the public for the first time.
With the launch of the 650 twins, the company plans to capture both the domestic and international markets in the mid-size motorcycle segment.
Royal Enfield has already launched the 650 twins in the US recently; Indian and European markets following soon.
The company also announced the prices for the 650 twins for the European market, at the ongoing EICMA 2018. The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 has been priced at 6,200 euros (approximately Rs 5.16 lakh) in Spain, Italy and Portugal.
The Continental GT 650, on the other hand, comes with a price tag of 6,400 euros (approximately Rs 5.33 lakh) in the same three countries.
For the rest of the European countries, Royal Enfield has priced the Interceptor 650 at 6,400 euros while the Continental GT 650 costs 6,600 euros (Rs 5.33 lakh & Rs Rs 5.49 lakh, respectively).
Both the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 will be powered by the same 649cc, parallel-twin cylinder, air-cooled engine. It produces 47bhp and 52Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with aslipper clutch as standard.
The 650 twins will further come with 41mm telescopic front forks and twin shock absorbers at the rear. Braking on the Interceptor and the Continental GT 650 is through 320mm and 240mm at the front and rear, respectively. The brakes are further supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
Sources have also informed that the prices of the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650 will be around Rs 4 lakh, ex-showroom in India. If true, this will make them the most value for money, parallel-twin motorcycles in the country.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650
The Royal Enfield 650 twins (Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650) will be launched in India soon. Both offerings from the brand, are among the most-awaited in the country. Once launched in India, the Royal Enfield 650 twins will also be the most affordable twin-cylinder offerings. Both motorcycles will compete against the likes of Street 750 and Street Rod from Harley Davidson.