- 51 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 1 day ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Movies Taapsee Pannu THRASHES Kangana Ranaut Left & Right; Takes A Dig At Shahid Kapoor & Vijay Deverakonda
- News Will a trust vote be held in Karnataka today? Highly unlikely
- Technology Redmi 64MP Camera Smartphone Teased To Be Launched Soon
- Finance Sensex Drags Lower By 560 Points: This Is Why
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Royal Enfield 650cc India-price details have been revealed. Our sources have confirmed that the new Royal Enfield Interceptor will be priced at Rs 4 lakh on-road. The British-origin motorcycle brand will launch the Continental GT 650 and Interceptor on 14 November 2018.
Bookings for the new 650cc Royal Enfield motorcycles will also start on the same day at an amount of Rs 5000. Meanwhile, deliveries of the new Royal Enfield 650cc models will commence only in January 2019.
Coming back to the pricing, Royal Enfield has competitively priced their latest products, especially when compared to the other parallel-twin motorcycles on the market. Since the on-road price of the Interceptor is around Rs 4 lakh (Bangalore), it will have an ex-showroom cost of around Rs 3.25 lakh, if we exclude taxes.
As for the slightly more premium Royal Enfield Continental GT 650, the ex-showroom price will be close to Rs 3.40 lakh. Both the Continental GT and Interceptor showcase a retro-inspired styling and will be two of the cheapest parallel-twin modern classics on sale.
The Royal Enfield 650cc twins have already been launched in certain global markets. The price for the Interceptor 650 in European markets is 6,200 euros or approximately Rs 5.16 lakh. As for the Continental GT 650, the amount stands at 6,400 euros (around Rs 5.33 lakh)
The two Royal Enfield motorcycles were also showcased at the EICMA Motorcycle Show in Milan, Italy. At the event, the company revealed that they aim to absorb a major amount of the mid-size motorcycle market, across the world.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor and Continental GT are powered by a 649cc parallel-twin engine which makes 47bhp and 52Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox via a slipper clutch (standard option).
Once launched, the 650cc Royal Enfield twins will be two of the most value-for-money motorcycles for their price tag. They will be a cheaper alternative to the successful Harley-Davidson Street 750 and the Triumph Bonneville Street Twin.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield 650cc Bike Prices
The 650cc Royal Enfield twins will be launched soon and dealerships have already started receiving tons of enquiries about the same. Royal Enfield has a strong fan community in the country and many have been waiting to get their hands on the brand's first parallel-twin motorcycles (in recent times), for a long a time. Do you think there are better choices on the market for the price?