- 22 min ago Aprilia To Launch New 15cc Motorcycle In India At 2020 Auto Expo: To Rival The Yamaha R15
- 1 hr ago 2020 Force Gurkha Spied Testing: Will Feature A BS-VI Engine
- 2 hrs ago Tata Cassini SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: To Rival The Toyota Fortuner
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Hatchbacks In India For August 2019: Maruti Suzuki Tops The List With Swift & WagonR
- Technology Moto E6s With Removable Battery Launched For Rs. 7,999
- News Students of St. Francis College For Women protest against dress code diktat
- Movies Saaho Fails To Beat Bharat Ane Nenu; All Eyes Are on Sye Raa Now!
- Finance Wholesale Inflation In August Remains Unchanged
- Lifestyle From Alia To Priyanka, Bollywood Divas Show Us The Perfect Make-up Looks To Go With Your Blue Dress
- Sports BCCI's Anti-Corruption Unit begins probe amid reports of bookies approaching TNPL cricketers on WhatsApp
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
2019 Vespa Scooters Launched: Italian lifestyle scooter manufacturer, Vespa India, has updated their product range for 2019. The changes include facelifts and new colour options to the Vespa 150 range of scooters. The new Vespa 150 model-line consists of the SXL 150 and VXL 150. The SXL 150 is priced at Rs 91,140 while the more premium VXL 150 comes with a price of Rs 97,276; both prices being ex-showroom (Pune).
Piaggio Group India launched the new Vespa models alongside the updated Aprilia SR range. The new models from both brands carry only cosmetic updates, plus the addition of new features. Mechanically, they are still similar to the outgoing models.
Vespa models are the most premium scooters available on the Indian market and they have got a huge fan base all around the world. The main highlight of any Vespa product is its retro styling in a modern package.
The 2019 Vespa range is available in new colours: Matt Rosso Dragon, Matt Yellow and Azzuro Provenza. All the scooters come with a pair of neat-looking five-spoke machine-cut alloy wheels.
Besides, the new Vespa 150 products, Piaggio has also launched the new Vespa Notte 125 — a Vespa VXL 125 with an all-black theme inspired by the GTS Notte available in global markets. Chrome is almost absent on the scooter and it follows a mix of sportiness and elegance. The Vespa Notte 125 is priced at Rs 68,829 ex-showroom (Pune).
As mentioned before, the new Vespa 150 models have been mechanically unchanged. The 154.8cc engine makes 10.35bhp and 10.9Nm of torque and is the same unit as on the Aprilia 150 models. The Vespa Notte is powered by a 125cc engine which makes 10bhp and 10.6Nm of torque.
On the features front, the scooters now come with a semi-digital instrument console. A new smartphone connectivity app lets users access functions such as navigation, mobile connectivity, vehicle tracking and distress button.
The scooters ride on 110/70 R11 front and 120/70 R11 rear tubeless tyres. The wheels are backed by a bigger 220mm front disc brake and 140mm rear drum.
Thoughts On The New Vespa Range
Vespa models have always had a unique presence in India's scooter segment, if not the entire two-wheeler market. The brand has got a lot of heritage and though being on the higher side on pricing, they still manage to attain decent sales figures in the country. The new 2019 range is expected to boost this even more.