- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jawa Motorcycles launched two new models and showcased one another in the country. Prices for the new Jawa motorcycles start at Rs 1.55 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), with the Jawa 42 at the base and the 'Jawa' at the top; yes, a motorcycle named after the brand itself.
The new ‘Jawa' is priced at Rs 1.64 lakh and is certainly the motorcycle for riders of all ages. It features an elegant design with lots of chrome, in the most tasteful fashion. Powering the latest Jawa bike is a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine which produces 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. You can know more about the new Jawa in our detailed first look review.
Here, we have compiled some of the top features of the ‘Jawa'!
Retro Design & Styling
The new Jawa motorcycles feature a retro design and are arguably the best-looking bikes on the market right now. Among the two, the ‘Jawa' is certainly more classy. The chrome-rich body has won at attracting a lot of eyes and for the same reason, the demand for the ‘Jawa' is also quite high.
Dual-Exhausts Or Double Silencers
The original Jawa motorcycles from the ‘70s and ‘80s had an iconic double-silencer or dual-exhaust setup for the two-stroke motor to breathe out white fumes. The new Jawa motorcycles also have twin-exhausts, but the nostalgic sound and smoke are missing. However, the engineers have made the new four-stroke engine note, as sweet as possible. You can hear the new Jawa motorcycles' engine noise in the official TVC.
Single-Pod Instrument Console
The single-pod instrument console on the new Jawa motorcycles looks ‘original and authentic', while also having a unique resting position for the needle. The meter looks really retro even though it has a small digital portion at the top to show the ODO and trip.
The new ‘Jawa' comes with a 280mm front disc and a 153mm rear drum brake. Many have asked why the new Jawa motorcycles (except the Perak) are not equipped with a rear disc and the brand has got an explanation for this. They come with a single-channel ABS unit though.
Period-Correct Color Choices
The classy ‘Jawa' is offered in only three colour choices: Maroon, Grey and Black. All of these resemble the single-tone shades of the past and goes really well with the overall design.
Attention To Detail
At the price point, it seems Jawa Motorcycles is the only brand which has paid adequate attention to detail while making new products. If you know a thing or two of the original Jawa models, you will notice certain features such as the side-mounted ignition, horn under the headlamp, the plethora of "Jawa" badges and even the engine design — know more interesting facts of the engine here.
Thoughts On The New ‘Jawa' Motorcycle And Its Features
The new ‘Jawa' is an interesting choice you can make in the 300cc motorcycle category. There is a strong heritage and nostalgia factor associated with a Jawa; the same things which made many purists and motorcycle enthusiasts happy about the brand's return. The ‘Jawa' model, with its features and styling, has also received a very good market response.