TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
Hero MotoCorp will introduce a new version of their 'once-successful' sports bike, the Karizma. The new Hero Karizma 200, as the name suggests, will be powered by a 200cc engine (the same one on the Hero Xtreme 200R). This will be the fourth Hero motorcycle based on the new 200cc engine.
All the images shown are for representational purposes only.
Not much is known about the new Karizma, other than the fact that it is coming sometime in 2019. The Karizma 200 will be soon accompanied by the XPulse 200 and 200T adventure motorcycles, as well. While there isn't a great anticipation for the Karizma in the markets, hopes are high for the XPulse range.
The new Karizma 200 will employ a diamond-type frame, 37mm telescopic forks and a rear monoshock. ABS will be on offer considering the new rules of two-wheeler safety. In fact, the number of ABS-equipped products is on the rise — check out the full list of bikes with ABS.
As mentioned before, the upcoming Karizma 200 shares its power plant with the Xtreme 200R. The engine makes 18bhp and 17.1Nm of torque, while being mated to a five-speed gearbox. We can expect a slight bump in these power figures.
Other features include a digital instrument console, clip-on handlebars and LED DRLs. The current Hero Karizma ZMR has always been accused of having bad aesthetics and we really wish the new model to be good-looking.
Once launched, the new Hero Karizma 200 will face the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200; while the well-acclaimed KTM RC 200 will be unmatchable in terms of performance. Expected prices are in the range Rs 1.5 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts On The New Hero Karizma 200
The newer versions of the Hero Karizma couldn't keep up with the other 200cc motorcycles in the market; both in terms of performance and equipment. When the Karizma was first introduced back in 2003, it developed a huge fan following, but the later iterations couldn't maintain that. Hopefully, the new Karizma 200R will make a difference.