TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Bajaj India has launched the new 2018 Platina 110 commuter motorcycle at Rs 49,197. The new Bajaj Platina comes with quite a few updates compared to the regular version; the main highlight being the more powerful engine.
The latest Platina 110 is available in a front-disc-brake format too. Both variants follow the same basic design language of a commuter, with some extra styling bits. The new graphics and blacked-out alloy wheels certainly look good, along with the LED DRL.
As the main new feature, the Bajaj Platina 110 gets an ‘Anti-Skid Braking System' — which is essentially a Combined Braking System (CBS); similar to the ones on various Honda motorcycles. The system promises better braking efficiency by safely applying both brakes even when only one lever is pressed.
The Platina 110 is just over two metres in length and for the price, it is a comfortable motorcycle for the city. At a ground clearance of 200mm, the Bajaj Platina 110 can handle most of the common road conditions in the country.
The new Bajaj Platina 110 comes with a 115cc single-cylinder engine which makes 8.5bhp and 9.8Nm of torque. This is mated to a four-speed gearbox. The same engine is used in the Bajaj Discover 110.
The Bajaj Platina has always been ‘notorious' in terms of mileage. In fact, many Platina owners claim that they get over 80km/l. This could also the reason why it is one of the best-selling bikes in India. The Platina 110 gets an 11-litre fuel tank.
Thoughts On The New Bajaj Platina 110
The new Bajaj Platina 110 brings more power and kit to the already-popular commuter motorcycle. For its price, the upgraded braking feature is quite a good addition. Sales of the Platina models will increase even further than what it is right now.