- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 1 hr ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 2 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Sports 1983 World Cup triumph: Shastri recalls the game that gave them the belief
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Rajiv Gandhi assassination: HC allows Nalini to appear in person to argue her plea for leave
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Moto Guzzi has unveiled their latest production-spec V85 TT adventure motorcycle. The all-terrain motorcycle was first showcased as a concept in 2017 at the EICMA. It features a classic retro-style design, yet receiving all the latest in tech equipment.
The Moto Guzzi V85 TT moniker pays homage to the V65 and V75 motorcycles. These motorcycles were converted into Enduro race bikes for the Paris-Dakar rally in the 80s. The TT stands for 'Tutti Terreno' which is Italian for 'all-terrain'.
The V85 TT comes with a completely new design, marking the return of the brand in the ADV segment. The last adventure-tourer from the Italian brand was the Stelvio, whose production had to be stopped with the introduction of the Euro 4 norms.
The Moto Guzzi V85 TT carries forward a design reminiscent of the older adventure motorcycle offerings from the brand. The new motorcycle showcases a striking new paint job, yet receives the similar rally raid fuel tank, twin headlights and distinctive raised beak design.
The V85 TT comes powered by an 850cc, air-cooled 90-degree longitudinally-mounted engine. The V-twin power unit is said to produce around 85bhp. The V85 engine comes with a stiff crankcase, along with an adjusted gearbox with a synchroniser for smoother shifts.
The Moto Guzzi V85 TT comes with a host of features, including all the adventure touring mods. These include traction control, ABS, three-riding modes (Road, Rain & Off-Road), full-colour TFT instrument display, Bluetooth media connectivity, adjustable windscreen and a large 21-litre tank.
The V85 TT also comes with an updated chassis and suspension. They offer good ground clearance, yet maintaining a low seat height. The motorcycle rides on 19 and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, respectively with multi-spoke rims.
Moto Guzzi also recently unveiled their latest variant of the V9 Bobber, the Sport. The V9 Bobber Sport is expected to come to India sometime after its international launch.
Thoughts on The Moto Guzzi V85 TT
The Moto Guzzi V85TT marks the return of the Italian brand in the ADV segment. The motorcycle is expected to be launched in the UK in February 2019 for GBP 11,000 pounds (equivalent to Rs 10.50 lakh), exclusive of taxes. However, there is no news yet regarding its entry into the Indian market.