TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Olympic Body Punishes India For Declining Visas To Pakistan Team After Pulwama
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Rs 1.40 Lakh Phone priced
- Europa League — Arsenal 3 BATE 0 3-1 Agg: Emery's Men Ease Through
- Maruti Wagon R Electric Price Expectations — Most-Affordable EV At The Time Of Launch
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- DeepVeer’s Glamorous Entry At Femina Beauty Awards
- Plan Your Next Getaway To Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
- 'I Love You' Is Hard For These Zodiacs
The iconic Jawa brand is all set to make a comeback in the Indian market. The Mahindra-owned Classic Legends Jawa Motorcycles has announced that it will unveil its first motorcycle in the country on November 15, 2018. Jawa Motorcycles has already revealed the new 293cc engine of the new bike.
The new motorcycle from Jawa has been developed from scratch and it is expected to be inspired from the classic Jawa's of the gone era. Apart from the engine, no other details of the bike have been revealed. But we expect a classic retro-style design similar to the yesteryear bikes from the company.
If the reports are to be believed, the new Jawa motorcycle will be available in three variants based on the same platform. The new bike will draw from the newly revealed 293cc liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine.
The new 293cc engine has been developed in Italy and will be manufactured in India too. The engine produces 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. On the design front, the engine looks classic and features faux cooling fins.
The new engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox and gets Rei exhaust system. The new 293cc engine also gets some modern touch in the form of fuel injection and the engine is also compliant with the BS-VI emission norms set to be implemented from 2020.
The new Jawa engine is said to offer a good mid-range performance with a flat torque curve. So, expect good performance in the lower end without stressing the engine. With the cult following in India, Jawa Motorcycles is all set to make a grand re-entry to the Indian market with the new 300cc bikes.
Thoughts On Jawa Motorcycles
Jawa Motorcycles has been one of the most popular brands in the country even after the company quit the Indian market during the 1990s. Now, the classic brand is all set to make a comeback with its new 300cc bikes. More details will be revealed on November 15 when the new Jawa bikes will break cover.