- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 20 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Movies Arbaaz Khan Said THIS About Malaika Arora After She Makes Relationship With Arjun Kapoor Official
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Technology Xiaomi India Head Manu Jain Explains Why Redmi K20 Series Is Expensive
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Indian Motorcycles has launched their new top-of-the-line model in the Chieftain range, the Chieftain Elite in India. The Indian Chieftain Elite is limited to 350 units globally and is priced at Rs 38 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
This is the second limited edition motorcycle from the Indian brand after the Roadmaster Elite. The Indian Roadmaster Elite was launched earlier this year at Rs 48 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new Indian Chieftain Elite comes with a number of special features over the standard version. This includes a bespoke Black Hills Silver paint job with marble accents. The marbling accents take 25 hours to complete and ensure no two motorcycles look the same.
Other features also include custom leather seats, among a host of additional equipment over the standard version. The added equipment include Indian's seven-inch glove-friendly Ride Command Infotainment System with Bluetooth connectivity, turn-by-turn navigation and a 200-watt premium audio system.
Features on the Indian Chieftain Elite also include a push-button power windshield, remote-locking hard weatherproof saddlebags, premium leather seats, aluminium floorboards, pinnacle mirrors and a dual-exhaust system with crossover pipes.
The new Indian Chieftain Elite motorcycle is powered by a 1811cc, Thunderstroke 111 V-twin engine. The engine churns out 161.6Nm of torque at 3000rpm, which is 11.6Nm more than the standard model.
The suspension on the motorcycle is handled by 119mm telescopic front forks, with a 114mm monoshock at the rear with air adjust. While braking on the motorcycle is through dual 300mm disc at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear.
With a kerb weight of 388kg, the Indian Chieftain Elite rides on 19-inch and 16-inch front and rear Dunlop tyres, respectively.
Thoughts On The Indian Chieftain Elite
The Indian chieftain Elite offers a level of exclusivity to the owner, due to the bespoke paint scheme and the limited production numbers. The limited edition motorcycle in India takes on rivals such as the Honda Gold Wing and the Harley Davidson Street Glide.