- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 13 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Ahead of crucial trust vote, all odds against Karnataka government
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Indian Roadmaster Elite Launched In India: Indian Motorcycles has launched the Roadmaster Elite in India at Rs 48 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Indian Roadmaster Elite is a limited edition motorcycle with a bespoke paint finish.
Only 300 units of the Roadmaster Elite will be made; all of which have been already sold before the launch. The Roadmaster Elite features a hand-painted Candy Blue & Black paint combo, which takes 30 man-hours to finish.
The motorcycle also gets a badging in actual 23 karat gold, on its fuel tank.
The Indian Roadmaster Elite is powered by a 1811cc ‘Thunder Stroke 111' V-Twin engine, making 161Nm of torque. Power figures have not been released by the company. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
The ‘ultra-cruiser' is loaded with a lot of equipment in addition to that of its already-fully-loaded regular sibling, the Indian Roadmaster. Here are some of the features available in the Indian Roadmaster Elite:
- Seven-inch touchscreen ‘Ride Command System' with Bluetooth, navigation, vehicle status and split-screen.
- Gold-plated engine covers
- Remote-locking saddlebags
- Internally-wired handlebars
- Power windshield
- 300W audio system
On the practicality front, the Indian Roadmaster Elite offers superior riding comfort and ergonomics. The waterproof saddlebags, top box and all the storage spaces put together gives the Indian, a luggage space of almost 140 litres.
All the kit and equipment have also made the Indian Roadmaster Elite, a really heavy motorcycle, at a kerb weight of 433kg.
Coming to safety, the mammoth of a motorcycle gets twin 300mm disc brakes at the front and a single disc of the same size on the rear wheel. ABS and cruise control add to the riding assists. The Roadmaster Elite rides on 16-inch alloy wheels.
The top-of-the-line Indian motorcycle rivals the Harley-Davidson CVO Limited; another expensive and oversized cruiser. The Harley costs Rs 49.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Indian Roadmaster Elite
The Indian Roadmaster is one of the most-worshipped cruisers among motorcycle enthusiasts. With the unique locomotive-inspired design language and the heritage, the Indian Roadmaster is an example of automobiles bought primarily by taste more than by money. As for the Elite edition, the fact that the motorcycle comes with 23 karat gold on its body explains enough.