- 2 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 3 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 3 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Moeen Ali proud to be part of England's ODI revolution
- News Clear indication of economy losing raction: Shaktikanta Das
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Movies Sanaya Irani, Barun Sobti & His Wife Pashmeen Are Friends Forever; These Pictures Are The Proof!
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Honda Activa 5G was launched in India at Rs 52,460 ex-showroom (Delhi). The more premium, Activa 5G DLX is available at a price of Rs 54,325. The new scooter, unveiled at Auto Expo 2018, has brought some new features to the table.
First introduced in India in the year, 2000, the Honda Activa series soon became the biggest-selling two-wheeler in India; a title which was earlier owned by the Hero Splendor.
That said, here are some pros and cons of the Honda Activa 5G!
The Honda Activa 5G, although being a new model, looks identical to its previous version, the Activa 4G. Apart from some new colours and a full-LED headlamp, no major changes have happened in the 2018 Honda Activa 5G.
Though the new Honda Activa 5G comes with new additions, the total amount of features available in the new model is still low compared to its competition. Comparing with one of its competitor, the TVS Jupiter, the Activa 5G lacks essential features such as external fuel-filling.
The Activa 5G comes doesn't come with alloy wheels nor telescopic front forks. Some of its competitors offer these, at least in some higher variants.
The scooter gets Honda's CBS (Combi-Braking System) unit which applies brakes on both wheels evenly, even if only one lever is pressed. But, the new Activa 5G doesn't come with a disc brake, even as an option.
In the process to provide more knee-room, the Activa 5G has missed out on a front storage compartment and makes-do with a parcel hook. The Activa 5G does offer an 18-litre under-seat storage capacity, though.
The new full-LED headlamp with DRL is a first in the 110cc scooter segment. The feature not only makes the Activa 5G look modern but also enhances the visibility.
One of the best additions in the new Honda Activa is the 4-in-1 lock mechanism. The system can be used to conveniently open/close the seat and a retractable hook.
The new semi-digital instrument console (available only in the DLX variant) comes with a vehicle-service reminder. It has also got an ECO speed indicator, that lets the rider know the speeds which give good fuel efficiency.
The Activa 5G has forever been India's favourite scooter due to the comfortable seating position it offers. The seat of the Activa 5G is wide and ergonomic for both the rider and the pillion.
The Activa 5G, being a Honda, has got high levels of reliability. Most owners of an Activa use the scooter for a very long time, without facing any serious issues. This is also one of the primary reasons why a majority of Indians opt it over its competitors.
The Honda Activa is the most popular name in the Indian scooter segment. Years before, when the Kinetic Honda was sold in India, people used to call all scooters as "Kinetic". The high popularity of the Honda Activa is causing the same trend today.