- 11 min ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 2 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- Technology Google Search's new avatar might be bad news for bloggers
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty's Son Namashi To Debut In Bollywood With Rajkumar Santoshi's Next
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- News In Mandya, Sumalatha wins by over 90,000 votes against Nikhil Kumaraswamy
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Hero MotoCorp has created a new sales world record with their Splendor commuter motorcycle. The Hero Splendor has sold 7.69 lakh units in just a period of one year; making it the first motorcycle in the world to cross the 7.50-lakh sales milestone.
Hero MotoCorp is the largest two-wheeler manufacturing company in the world with a product portfolio consisting mainly of commuter motorcycles. In India alone, 46% of all two-wheelers sold are Hero MotoCorp models.
India is one of the important markets in the world for two-wheelers and many foreign companies have invested a lot in the country for the same reason; Honda Two Wheelers, Suzuki Motorcycle and Yamaha Motor being some of them. If we look at the list of best-selling bikes in India, the top positions will always be acquired by a Hero product.
Hero Splendor has crossed 7 lakh in sales for thefifth time in the company history. In the fiscal of April to September 2018, Hero MotoCorp managed to sell over 42 lakh units and the company expects to meet even higher sales figures in the upcoming festive season.
Besides the Splendor, the Hero Passion range of commuter bikes also manages to sell really well, month-on-month. Hero MotoCorp has clocked good sales figures with their scooter range too, which mainly includes the Hero Duet and Maestro Edge. The company introduced the Hero Xtreme 200R recently with Virat Kohli as their new brand ambassador.
The Splendor has been on the Indian market for more than 20 years. It was the very best-selling two-wheeler in the country for a long time (until the Honda Activa recently took its title). The Hero Splendor is currently available in three variants: Plus, Plus i3S and iSmart 110.
Powering the first two Splendor models is a 97.2cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine which makes 8.2bhp and 8.05Nm of torque. Meanwhile, the Splendor iSmart 110 comes with a 109.15cc air-cooled single-cylinder unit capable of giving 9.3bhp and 9Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a 4-speed gearbox.
Thoughts On The Hero Splendor And Its Sales World Record
The Hero Splendor is a perfect budget choice for both urban and rural sectors of the Indian automotive market; the latter being the more popular. Sales have always been high for the Hero Splendor, thanks to its affordability, high mileage figures and the trust of the common Indian in the company. With the motorcycle making a new world sales record, its popularity will increase in various foreign markets too.