- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 9 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Andhra Pradesh Assembly passes the 3 capital resolution Bill 2020
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
German motorcycle manufacturer BMW Motorrad is all set to launch the much-awaited G 310 R and the G 310 GS in the Indian market. Now, CarandBike reports that the BMW twins will be launched in the country on July 18, 2018. The bookings for both the motorcycles are open from June 8, 2018.
The BMW G 310 R is a naked motorcycle while the G 310 GS is the smallest adventure motorcycle from the stable of BMW Motorrad. The BMW G 310 R was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo and the bike will be finally launched in 2018. The G 310 GS was showcased in India at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The reason behind the delay in the launch of the G 310 R and the G 310 GS is the dealership network. Yes, BMW Motorrad wanted to have a strong dealership network in the country before the launch of the 310 twins. Finally, both the motorcycles will hit the Indian roads after a long wait.
The BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS draws power from a 313cc liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine producing 33.5bhp and 28Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The same engine is deployed on the TVS Apache RR 310.
Both the BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS is manufactured at TVS Motor Company's Hosur plant. The motorcycles are being exported to several global markets. With the bikes being manufactured in India, BMW Motorrad will be able to price the bikes competitively.
The BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS is equipped with premium cycle parts such as upside down forks up front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by discs at both the ends with ABS as standard. The suspension and engine will be tuned differently to suit the characteristics of the bikes.
Thoughts On The BMW G 310 R And G 310 GS
The BMW G 310 R And G 310 GS are the most awaited bikes in the Indian market. After a long wait, the BMW 310 twins will be launched in the country. Pricing will be a key factor to the success of the G 310 R and G 310 GS.
We expect the BMW G 310 R to be priced around Rs 2.8 lakh and the G 310 GS could be priced around 3.5 lakh. The G 310 R will rival the KTM Duke 390 and the G 310 GS will take on the upcoming KTM 390 Adventure.