- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 13 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Ahead of crucial trust vote, all odds against Karnataka government
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Pre-bookings for the BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS are set to open on 08 June, 2018. The BMW 310 twins have been the most awaited motorcycles in India, with enthusiasts having loyally waited for their launch while it seemed like BMW took their own sweet time to launch them in India.
There is still no word on the launch of the motorcycles, but the opening of pre-bookings itself is great news for prospective customers and enthusiasts alike. The BMW G 310 R is a naked, street bike while the G 310 GS is and adventure motorcycle based on its street fighter sibling.
Both motorcycles are powered by a liquid-cooled, 313cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 33.5bhp and a peak torque output of 28Nm. The reverse-inclined drives the rear wheel via a 6-speed gearbox.
The G 310 R was showcased at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo and was at the time set to launch soon, but delays ensued. It was at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo that BMW Motorrad debuted the G 310 GS with promises for a launch within a few months.
Mr. Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "With the much-awaited BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS, BMW Motorrad will not only enter but redefine this segment in India. These two motorcycles are built for Indian roads and offer a true BMW at competitive costs."
"The wait is now finally over as we open up pre-bookings for our customers ahead of the launch. We are confident that like elsewhere in the world, the BMW G 310 R and the BMW G 310 GS will create a successful chapter in the India story as well."
The motorcycles will be manufactured at G310 R and G 310 GS were both being manufactured at BMW Motorrad's plant at Hosur for export to foreign markets. It was only last month that the G 310 GS was spotted testing in India for the first time.
With bookings set to open in a couple of days, it is time to look at the top features of the BMW G 310 R and top features of the G 310 GS. BMW hasn't revealed prices for the motorcycles, but according to various sources, it would be priced at around Rs 3 lakh for the 310 R and around Rs 3.5 lakh for the 310 GS.
The motorcycles will compete with the KTM Duke 390, Yamaha YZ-F R3, and the TVS Apache RR 310.
Thoughts On Pre-Bookings Opening Of BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
The BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS have been some of the most highly anticipated motorcycles in the last few years. With the pre-bookings opening soon, comes the discussion on the prices and it is highly imperative that BMW gets their pricing right.
The motorcycles are global products, built by BMW's premium standards. They do have the capabilities to take the fight to the competition, but that entirely depends on competitive pricing.