TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Bajaj has discontinued the sale of the non-ABS variant of their Dominar 400 motorcycle. The Bajaj Dominar 400 non-ABS has also been removed from the company's website, leaving just the ABS variant on sale.
The Bajaj Dominar 400 now comes with a starting price of Rs 1.63 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Bajaj also updated the Dominar 400 in January this year, bringing a number of subtle updates. Since the update, Bajaj for various reasons has also hiked prices of the Dominar 400 four times, since the start of the year.
The discontinuation of the non-ABS Dominar 400 is mainly due to the low sales figures. Bajaj stated that potential customers prefer the costlier ABS version and hence decided to stop sales of the non-ABS variant.
Bajaj is now planning to update the current model, yet again, this time with significant changes. The new Bajaj Dominar 400 will come with revised styling, upside-down front forks, muscular tyre hugger, large belly pan and a large radiator grille as well. Also, the front brakes on 2019 Dominar 400 will come with the front disc repositioned on the left side of the motorcycle.
The Dominar will continue to be powered by the same 373.5cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine. It produces 34.5bhp and 35Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The current model comes with telescopic front forks and a monoshock at the rear. Braking is handled by disc brakes at both the front and rear, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Dominar 400 Non-ABS Discontinued
The discontinuation of the non-ABS variant of the Dominar 400 comes in view of the upcoming safety regulation of April-2019, which makes ABS mandatory. The Bajaj Dominar 400 rivals the likes of the KTM Duke 390, TVS Apache RR310 and the Royal Enfield 350 in the Indian market.