TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
We have recently reported about Bajaj Auto discontinuing the Pulsar LS135 in the country. Now, the Bajaj Avenger Street 150 has also been taken off the official website and the entry-level Avenger has been discontinued in India.
But Bajaj Auto states that the Avenger Street 150 has not been discontinued in India, instead, it has been upgraded to the Avenger Street 180. Either way, it's the same and the Bajaj Avenger Street 150 will be no longer available. The Bajaj Avenger Street 180 now becomes the entry-level cruiser.
Bajaj Auto launched the Avenger Street 180 in India in February with a price tag of Rs 83,475 ex-showroom (Delhi). The Avenger Street 180 looks identical to the bigger Street 220 with similar decals and body graphics.
Powering the Bajaj Avenger Street 180 is a 178.6cc single-cylinder engine producing 15.3bhp and 13.7Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The cruiser bike gets a 13-litre fuel tank.
Bajaj has discontinued the Avenger Street 150 due to the introduction of the bigger Avenger Street 180 which is more powerful as compared to its 150cc sibling. So, now the buyers have to go for the 180cc cruiser as there is no option of 150cc. Bajaj is unlikely to bring back the Avenger Street 150 in the future.
Thoughts On The Discontinuation Of The Bajaj Avenger Street 150
Bajaj Auto has axed the Avenger Street 150 from the Indian market to make way for the bigger Avenger Street 180. Bajaj calls it as an upgrade rather than discontinuation. If Bajaj wants to introduce the Avenger Street 150 again, then the cruiser should be equipped with ABS as per new regulations.