TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
We have recently reported about Bajaj Auto discontinuing the Pulsar LS135 in the country. Now, the Bajaj Avenger Street 150 has also been taken off the official website and the entry-level Avenger has been discontinued in India.
But Bajaj Auto states that the Avenger Street 150 has not been discontinued in India, instead, it has been upgraded to the Avenger Street 180. Either way, it's the same and the Bajaj Avenger Street 150 will be no longer available. The Bajaj Avenger Street 180 now becomes the entry-level cruiser.
Bajaj Auto launched the Avenger Street 180 in India in February with a price tag of Rs 83,475 ex-showroom (Delhi). The Avenger Street 180 looks identical to the bigger Street 220 with similar decals and body graphics.
Powering the Bajaj Avenger Street 180 is a 178.6cc single-cylinder engine producing 15.3bhp and 13.7Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The cruiser bike gets a 13-litre fuel tank.
Bajaj has discontinued the Avenger Street 150 due to the introduction of the bigger Avenger Street 180 which is more powerful as compared to its 150cc sibling. So, now the buyers have to go for the 180cc cruiser as there is no option of 150cc. Bajaj is unlikely to bring back the Avenger Street 150 in the future.
Thoughts On The Discontinuation Of The Bajaj Avenger Street 150
Bajaj Auto has axed the Avenger Street 150 from the Indian market to make way for the bigger Avenger Street 180. Bajaj calls it as an upgrade rather than discontinuation. If Bajaj wants to introduce the Avenger Street 150 again, then the cruiser should be equipped with ABS as per new regulations.