TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Bajaj Auto recently updated the entire Pulsar range in January 2018 with new colours and minor cosmetic changes. But the baby Pulsar LS135 was missing out of the 2018 range. Now, ThrustZone reports that Bajaj Auto has discontinued the Pulsar LS135 in India.
Bajaj has also removed the Pulsar 135 from its official website. The report also states that Bajaj will continue to manufacture the smallest Pulsar but it won't be available in the country. The Pulsar 135 was the first motorcycle in India to feature 4-valve technology.
Due to the 4-valve technology, the Pulsar LS135 offered the grunt of a 150cc motorcycle and returned a good fuel economy of a 125cc bike. The styling of the bike was also aggressive and sharp as compared to its competitors. The motorcycle was branded as Light Sport and offered peppy performance.
In 2017, Bajaj updated the Pulsar 135 and gave it a commuterish look. Powering the Pulsar 135 was a 135cc engine producing 13bhp and 11Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The sporty 125cc bikes are becoming popular in India and keeping this in mind Bajaj might have taken this decision. And the Bajaj Pulsar 135 failed to capture the mass market in India as the sales were also very poor.
Now, after the discontinuation of the Pulsar 135, the Discover 125 and the V 125 are the only 125cc bikes from the stable of Bajaj. Now, if Bajaj wants to relaunch the Pulsar 135 it should be equipped with ABS as per the new regulations. So, Bajaj is unlikely to launch the new Pulsar 135 in India.
Thoughts On The Discontinuation Of Bajaj Pulsar LS135
The Pulsar LS135 was the smallest bike in the Pulsar family and offered a good mix of performance and mileage. But due to the dwindling sales, Bajaj has decided to axe the Pulsar 135 from the Indian market, It will be interesting see if Bajaj will relaunch the 135cc Pulsar with significant updates to keep up with the competition.