- Suzuki Burgman Street Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2018 Suzuki Gixxer SP And Gixxer SF SP Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 87,250
- Suzuki To Introduce Electric Scooters And Motorcycles In India By 2020
- Suzuki Burgman Street India Launch Date Revealed
- Gixxer Cup 2018 By Suzuki Motorcycle India — To Commence From 5th July At Kari Motor Speedway
- Suzuki Burgman 125 Bookings Open — Launch Details Revealed
When it comes to cruisers, Suzuki might not be the first name that comes to your mind. But, if you are a Suzuki fanboy, there's one name that pops up - The Intruder!
The new Suzuki Intruder 150, the first low-capacity cruiser from the Japanese brand, was launched earlier this month in India.
At the launch, Suzuki confirmed that the FI version (the same engine as in the Gixxer SF), will arrive in six months time. We expect it to be revealed at Auto Expo 2018.
The Intruder comes with a 154.9cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine. It puts out 14bhp at 8000rpm and 14Nm at 6000rpm and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
Regarding the design, the motorcycle looks a bit half-baked. The massive upper-body doesn't go well with the somewhat skinny tyres. The tyres had to be of that size, to optimise performance and efficiency from the engine.
The standard version comes at Rs 98,340 (ex-showroom Delhi). So, the FI version could cost almost Rs 10,000 more, making it expensive than the Bajaj Avenger 220 Cruise.
The Intruder also offers more equipment than the Avenger 150, such as an LED tail lamp, front and rear discs, and single-channel ABS.
The Intruder 150 could be an experimental model by Suzuki, made to study the cruiser market. However, the bike isn't good looking despite Suzuki's claims that it is inspired by the larger Intruder M1800R.
How the FI version performs compared to the Bajaj Avenger, is something we will have to wait to find out.
Trending On DriveSpark:
KTM Reveals Launch Details Of Husqvarna Bikes In India