TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
ThrustZone has spotted a new variant of the Dominar 400 with regular matte black paint scheme but with golden alloy wheels. The website also reports that the new variant is already on sale.
The new variant of the Dominar 400 features standard matte black paint scheme which was introduced earlier this year. But instead of black, it gets golden alloy wheels which gives the sports cruiser a refreshed look. The matte black and gold combination version is expected to be dearer by Rs 500 to Rs 1,000 than the standard model.
The report also states that Bajaj will discontinue the white colour option of the motorcycle. Recently, the new Racing Red colour was also spotted with the silver handlebar, grab rails and frame. It looks like Bajaj is rendering a new look to the sports cruiser.
It has been a year since the Dominar 400 was launched in the Indian market. The sports cruiser failed to maintain the hype it created before the launch. Bajaj expected to retail around 10,000 units of the motorcycle in a month in India. But the sales figures have not been great in the country.
In fact, most of the sales of Bajaj Dominar 400 comes from the export as the sports cruiser has a decent demand in foreign markets. But with the introduction of new colours and updates, Bajaj is aiming to change the fortunes of the Dominar 400 in India.
Mechanically, the Dominar 400 will continue to draw power from a 373cc fuel injected, liquid-cooled engine producing 34.5bhp of power and 35Nm of peak torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox assisted by a slipper clutch for smooth downshifts.
Bajaj Dominar 400 transformed the performance motorcycle segment in the country with its affordable price tag. But still, the motorcycle failed to capture the market as it was expected to. Now, Bajaj is all set to give a new life to the sports cruiser by introducing new colours and cosmetic updates. The matte black with golden wheels looks stunning as compared to the regular variant.