TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Women riding motorcycles would leave many men drooling in most cases. But would this video of women riding have the same effect? We are not very sure about that. However, we are sure people are loving it, as the video in question has gone viral on Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp.
The video shows three saree-clad women riding a Yamaha YZF R15 V2.0 on a highway reportedly in Hyderabad. Riding triples itself is an offense in India, adding to that is the fact that the women weren't wearing a helmet. What makes it even worse is that, a saree is not even close to being protective riding wear.
These women appear to be gutsy and look like they do not have a care in the world. This has to be appreciated from a women empowerment kind of perspective where women are encouraged to do things they are normally forbidden from, especially in a country like India. It however cannot be appreciated when looked at from the safety perspective.
Motorcycle riding is dangerous, irrespective of whether we ride on a closed circuit or out on the roads. There are all kinds of dangers on roads like ours, and protective gear is highly appreciated. Helmets, gloves, jackets, knee and elbow guards etc are not just fancy-looking gear. They are designed to protect the rider's body.
Though advisable to wear all the gear all the time, it is not possible all the time, but in such cases, wearing of minimal riding gear such as a helmet can make a huge difference in the event of a mishap. The women in this video were riding triples, which makes the scenario even more dangerous.
We definitely appreciate women riding motorcycles. However, we do emphasize on safety as well. Whether you ride a scooter or a motorcycle, do wear your protective gear, and follow traffic rules.