TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Everything You Need To Know: 10 GB RAM, 5G Support And More
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Method Of Performing Ayudha Pooja
- Raj Thackeray Reacts To Tanushree Dutta's Allegations: Nana Is Indecent, But Can't Do Such A Thing
- BMW Unveils Their All-New X7 SUV — The First Seven-Seater BMW In History
- Danish Kaneria Admits Guilt After Six Years Of Denial In Essex Fixing Case
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
The owner of this modified Maruti Baleno had replaced the stock bumpers with the Mercedes A-Class' bumper. The alloy wheels were also replaced with the aftermarket wider wheels.
This mod job was not at all pleasing to the eyes as it only sports the bumper of the A-Class with the Mercedes diamond grille. The bumper even features the ‘8'-shaped air vents which can be seen on all the current-generation models.
The rear of the car also features the rear bumper of the Mercedes A-Class with the quad exhaust tips and rear diffuser. The mod job also includes 16-inch, 5-spoke alloy wheels shod with low profile tyres. The interior too gets its share of modification, but it's miles away from the real deal. Structurally and mechanically, the car was in its stock form.
Now, this modified Baleno is in the news again. TeamBHP reports that the Transport Commissioner of Kerala received a complaint regarding this odd mod job. So, the RTO authorities filed a case against the owner of the vehicle.
With the help of Police, RTO managed to seize the modified Maruti Baleno and issued a show cause notice to the owner to deregister the car. In reply, the owner requested a window of 15 days to hand over the car to the authorities.
Realising that the situation is getting out of hand, the owner stripped the vehicle to its stock form and handed over the car and the parts to the authorities. The RTO has stated that the amount of penalty will be decided after a thorough investigation.
Usually, only structurally modified cars need approval from the RTO, but in this case, the car was confiscated due to the aesthetic modification. But the mod job was not at all attractive and we hope that nobody will do such an eyesore modification to their vehicles.