- Sports World Cup flashbacks: England's inexplicable collapse in 1979 final gave West Indies their second title
- Technology Samsung rolls out One UI update for older smartwatches
- Finance ULIPs Can Help In Long Term Wealth Creation: This Is How?
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- News BJP delegation meets EC, demands re-poll in violence hit constituencies of WB
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Recently, we had reported about a BMW crash in Odisha. The cause of the accident was road racing which resulted in the death of a person. Now, here is another crash happened due to overspeeding on the highway. But strangely, two cars ended up falling from the bridge which were heading in the same direction.
Both the cars involved in the crash were Maruti Altos. TOI reports that the two cars were carrying Tamil Nadu league cricketers when the accident happened. The report states that the cars collided with each other on a bridge near Paramathi Velur in Namakkal, Tamil Nadu.
According to Police, both the Maruti Altos were speeding on the Salem - Madurai national highway. When the cars were nearing Kandampalayam, a woman suddenly crossed the road. To avoid hitting her the driver of one of the cars applied the brakes. The other car which was behind it rammed it from the rear.
The collision resulted in both the cars falling off the bridge. The accident was so severe that the cars were crushed and suffered massive damage. A 26-year-old Tamil Nadu cricketer, D Prabhakaran lost his life in this tragic accident. He had come to play a cricket match in Namakkal, held on the occasion of Pongal.
The group of cricketers were returning to the hotel after the match when this accident happened. From the images, it looks like both the cars landed on the roof after falling from the bridge. The cars are damaged very severely, and all we can see is the mangled heap of metal.
Speeding on public roads can be very dangerous, and this accident is another example of the same. Especially, in cars like Maruti Alto, which does not offer safety features such as ABS, one should not drive beyond the speed limit. If the cars were equipped with ABS, then they might have avoided the crash.
It does not matter what car you drive, speeding or racing on the road can cause a crash, as you never know what lies ahead. Especially, in highways, you should be extra careful as pedestrians or two-wheelers can suddenly cross the road. Being under speed limits gives you enough time to avoid any such obstacles.
Maruti Alto is an entry-level hatchback, and only the top-spec variant gets driver-side airbag. The build quality of the car is not strong enough to sustain such a heavy crash. But the cause of this accident was overspeeding on the highway. No matter how good the car is, if you don't drive sensibly than any safety feature cannot protect you.
Image courtesy: Kavin Raj