- 5 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Google Maps has added new features that help users stay safe amid the Covid-19 pandemic. The new features are available across multiple regions and countries including India. The new features makes Google Maps more efficient to users across the world considering countries are slowly re-opening for business.
Google has added three major features to Maps in order to help users stay safe. The first, called Transit Alerts, sends users information and notifications from local agencies about the status of public transport in a given area.
Notifications alert users about Covid-19 related travel information and restrictions like the need to use face masks and other safety requirement of a given area, allowing users to plan their trips accordingly.
This feature is currently available in India, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The second feature that has been added on Google Maps is for those who use their own modes of transport, and for those who use cabs. This feature offer alerts about checkpoints and restrictions along the chosen route, including when crossing national borders. Currently available at Canada, Mexico, and the United States, users get these alerts on the vehicle's navigation screen.
The third feature, and possibly the most important one, has been added for those travelling to hospitals, and or Covid-19 testing and screening centers. The new feature reminds users to verify their eligibility and give them facility guidelines.
The new features for hospitals is currently available only in Israel, Indonesia, the Philippines, South Korea, and the United States. Alerts for Coronavirus testing and screening centers is currently available only in the US.
To be able to use the new features, all one has to do is either download the Google Maps application (available at the App Store and Play Store for iOS and Android) or update the application that is already installed.
In related news, Google Inc. has reportedly reached out to Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan to lend his voice for Google Maps based navigation in India. The voice one hear at the moment is that of Karen Jacobsen, an Australia-born New York-based entertainer. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The New Features On Google Maps
These are excellent additions to Google Maps. Most folk are unaware of the current on-ground situations, and are unaware of containment zones in any given area. The new features will help users be more aware about public transport, routes, and hospital requirements. Thank you Google!