- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Google Maps has added new features that help users stay safe amid the Covid-19 pandemic. The new features are available across multiple regions and countries including India. The new features makes Google Maps more efficient to users across the world considering countries are slowly re-opening for business.
Google has added three major features to Maps in order to help users stay safe. The first, called Transit Alerts, sends users information and notifications from local agencies about the status of public transport in a given area.
Notifications alert users about Covid-19 related travel information and restrictions like the need to use face masks and other safety requirement of a given area, allowing users to plan their trips accordingly.
This feature is currently available in India, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The second feature that has been added on Google Maps is for those who use their own modes of transport, and for those who use cabs. This feature offer alerts about checkpoints and restrictions along the chosen route, including when crossing national borders. Currently available at Canada, Mexico, and the United States, users get these alerts on the vehicle's navigation screen.
The third feature, and possibly the most important one, has been added for those travelling to hospitals, and or Covid-19 testing and screening centers. The new feature reminds users to verify their eligibility and give them facility guidelines.
The new features for hospitals is currently available only in Israel, Indonesia, the Philippines, South Korea, and the United States. Alerts for Coronavirus testing and screening centers is currently available only in the US.
To be able to use the new features, all one has to do is either download the Google Maps application (available at the App Store and Play Store for iOS and Android) or update the application that is already installed.
In related news, Google Inc. has reportedly reached out to Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan to lend his voice for Google Maps based navigation in India. The voice one hear at the moment is that of Karen Jacobsen, an Australia-born New York-based entertainer. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The New Features On Google Maps
These are excellent additions to Google Maps. Most folk are unaware of the current on-ground situations, and are unaware of containment zones in any given area. The new features will help users be more aware about public transport, routes, and hospital requirements. Thank you Google!