- 24 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Movies Karan Johar's Emotional Post On Varun Dhawan's Wedding: My Boy Is Ready For This Beautiful Phase In His Life
- News The 150 meter ISI engineered tunnel was used by terrorists for 8 years
- Finance Indices Start On A Strong Note; RIL Top Loser
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers January 25: Win Rs. 5,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Tech giant Google is said to have approached iconic Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan to lend his voice for Google Maps & Navigation in India. The report by Mid-day claims that both Google and Mr Bachchan are currently in talks, with the actor yet to make a decision on the same.
Mr Amitabh Bachchan is one of India's finest actors and over the years has been the voice of multiple adverts and social campaigns. Now the actor could soon be the voice which guides you to your destination and/or the preferred location.
According to reports, Google approached Amitabh Bachchan as he is one of the most influential people in India and has the most recognisable baritone. The reports further stated that if Mr Bachchan was to sign the contract, then he would be asked to give the voice-over from the comfort of his home, considering the social distancing norms as part of the COVID-19 outbreak across the world.
Also, if Amitabh Bachchan does accept the offer, he will be the first a celebrity has given a voice-over for Google Maps. Although, other Hollywood icons such as Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman, among others have given their voices for the Waze navigation app (owned by Google).
Currently, the voice you hear on Google Maps in India is that of Karen Jacobsen, an Australia-born New York-based entertainer. It will be interesting to see if Google will in the future allow users to switch between the current voice and that of Mr Bachchan. However, with the actor yet to sign the dotted line, there is still a long time to go for Google to actually roll out Mr Bachchan's voice on Google Maps.
Google Maps is one of the most popular and preferred apps of navigation not only in India, but around the world. The application is standard on all smartphones and has an extremely easy interface and offers the best navigation, making travelling anywhere extremely easy.
Thoughts About Amitabh Bachchan Lending Voice To Google Maps In India
One of India's finest and most respected actor, Amitabh Bachchan could soon be offering turn-by-turn navigation to millions of Indian across the country. This should get interesting in the future.