- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Tech giant Google is said to have approached iconic Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan to lend his voice for Google Maps & Navigation in India. The report by Mid-day claims that both Google and Mr Bachchan are currently in talks, with the actor yet to make a decision on the same.
Mr Amitabh Bachchan is one of India's finest actors and over the years has been the voice of multiple adverts and social campaigns. Now the actor could soon be the voice which guides you to your destination and/or the preferred location.
According to reports, Google approached Amitabh Bachchan as he is one of the most influential people in India and has the most recognisable baritone. The reports further stated that if Mr Bachchan was to sign the contract, then he would be asked to give the voice-over from the comfort of his home, considering the social distancing norms as part of the COVID-19 outbreak across the world.
Also, if Amitabh Bachchan does accept the offer, he will be the first a celebrity has given a voice-over for Google Maps. Although, other Hollywood icons such as Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman, among others have given their voices for the Waze navigation app (owned by Google).
Currently, the voice you hear on Google Maps in India is that of Karen Jacobsen, an Australia-born New York-based entertainer. It will be interesting to see if Google will in the future allow users to switch between the current voice and that of Mr Bachchan. However, with the actor yet to sign the dotted line, there is still a long time to go for Google to actually roll out Mr Bachchan's voice on Google Maps.
Google Maps is one of the most popular and preferred apps of navigation not only in India, but around the world. The application is standard on all smartphones and has an extremely easy interface and offers the best navigation, making travelling anywhere extremely easy.
Thoughts About Amitabh Bachchan Lending Voice To Google Maps In India
One of India's finest and most respected actor, Amitabh Bachchan could soon be offering turn-by-turn navigation to millions of Indian across the country. This should get interesting in the future.