- 2 min ago Next-Gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio To Be Launched In 2020
- 5 min ago KTM RC125 ABS Launched In India — Introductory Price Of Rs 1.4 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- 1 hr ago Renault Triber MPV Unveiled In India For Global Markets — Premium MPV On A Budget?
- 1 hr ago Maruti Launching S-Presso In October 2019 — Fancy A Cup? Or Car?
- Movies Kabir Singh Diaries: Shahid Kapoor Thought Vijay Deverakonda's Arjun Reddy Would Be A Massy Movie
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- News ‘One Nation, One Election’: PM chairs all party meet as several oppn leaders give a miss
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Technology Asus 6Z Launched In India With Rotating Camera – Price, Key Features And Offers
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: England batting is only getting strong; how long till they breach 500-run mark?
- Lifestyle Two Women Hospitalized After Using A Vacuum Hose To End Their Periods Early
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the most well-known personalities not just in the world of football, but even on the list of the top celebrities of the world. To us petrolheads though, Cristiano Ronaldo is a hero because of his love for cars.
He has a collection of supercars that could easily make anybody envious. The brands in his car collection include the likes of Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Aston Martin, etc. Would Mr Ronaldo be satisfied with that exclusive collection of supercars? Absolutely not!
Like all car lovers, the list of wants for Ronaldo too seems never ending and it seems like he has given in to yet another desire of his and purchased a McLaren Senna. A video that recently turned up on YouTube shows Cristiano Ronaldo driving his McLaren Senna to one of his training sessions.
The McLaren Senna is a limited production mid-engined supercar with mind-blowing performance figures. There is little surprise in this, considering that it was named after Ayrton Senna who is considered as one of the all-time great Formula One drivers.
Ayrton Senna was known for his uncanny ability to find extra speed in the corners and this ability multiplied several times when it came to wet weather racing. One could say that the McLaren Senna too has the same characteristics as it has one of the highest cornering speeds in the world.
McLaren has for a long time been associated with Ayrton Senna as he raced with the McLaren Formula One team between 1988 and 1993. Ayrton Senna won three Formula One World Drivers' Championship titles and 35 Formula One races while racing with McLaren. Hence, it only seems befitting that the English marque named their quickest car yet after Ayrton Senna.
The McLaren Senna is largely based on the McLaren 720S, and it uses the same engine as well. However, it has been modified heavily for the Senna. It is a 4.0-litre, twin-turbo V8 engine with a maximum power output of 789bhp and a peak torque output of 800Nm. A 7-speed dual-clutch transmission drives the rear wheels.
Weighing in at just 1,198 kilograms, the McLaren Senna boasts of a power-to-weight ratio of 658bhp per ton. The 0-100km/h dash is done in just 2.8 seconds, 0-200km/h is done in just 6.8 seconds and the car will go on to touch a top speed of around 340km/h.
The McLaren Senna appears to be cristiano Ronaldo's latest addition to his garage of exotic supercars. His silver-coloured car appears to be outfitted with lots of carbon fibre bits and pieces that not just make it look great but also makes the car fast thanks to its lightweight properties.
The McLaren Senna joins other exotics like the Bugatti Chiron, Lamborghini Aventador, Bentley GT Speed, Aston Martin DB9, Audi R8, Ferrari F430, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Rolls Royce Phantom, etc, in the ace footballer's garage.
Thoughts On Cristiano Ronaldo's McLaren Senna Being Added To Supercar Collection
The McLaren Senna is one of the exotics that one can admire all day, that is only if it is stationary. At full chat though, it would be tough to even get a small glimpse of the car.
While one more exotic gets added to Cristiano Ronaldo's garage, we in India are still awaiting exclusive cars like the Senna to arrive. With exotics like the Aventador SVJ already in India, we are sure that the McLaren Senna isn't too far off.