- 8 min ago Tata Offers Automatic Transmission On The Tigor
- 15 min ago Revolt e-Bike Features Multiple Switchable Exhaust Sounds; Unveiling Tomorrow
- 1 hr ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- Technology India Planning To Build Its Own Space Station By 2030
- Movies Rachita Ram's Mother Reacts To Her Bold Scenes In Upendra's I Love You! Here's What She Said
- Lifestyle How To Take Care Of Your Skin This Monsoon Season
- News Moily suggests a referendum on EVMs, says everybody is suspecting them
- Sports ISL Transfer News: Eugeneson Lyngdoh returns to Bengaluru FC
- Finance DCC To Impose Penalty On Airtel, Vodafone Idea For Not Helping Reliance Jio
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
A shocking accident video from China took over the internet by storm last week. In what essentially is a rather mild accident between a bicycle and a car, things have taken a slight twist on the damage front. The Toyota Corolla's front bumper was completely damaged by the surprisingly intact bicycle.
Many have their doubts as to whether the video footages and images shared by CGTN were indeed true, and not some fancy computer gimmick. Online forums have raised a lot of questions regarding the accident and some folks have even shared their interest to buy the bicycle (obviously as part of the joke).
The collision was the cyclist's fault as per witnesses and the Chinese police. The cyclist, for reasons known to him only, was pedalling against the oncoming traffic. The car seems to have been coming out from the parking lot while the cyclist came at a rapid pace.
Luckily, the cyclist suffered only minor injuries after billing the car driver with a new bumper. In all probability, the owner of the Toyota Corolla would have gotten insurance coverage as well.
At least some of us might initially blame the car for its low build quality and praise the bicycle's superior engineering. However, there is nothing abnormal in this event.
Modern-car bumpers are designed to absorb a good amount of impact force, in the event of an accident. In addition to keeping the passengers safe, the bendability or flexibility of car bumpers also helps reduce pedestrian casualties. Even though this is not the most effective safety feature, it does help curb down the outcome of a road accident.
In this regard, the bumper has done its duty well and has lessened the collision force of the bicycle. But needless to say, a good majority would only think otherwise.
Thoughts On The Surprising Outcome Of A Car-Bicycle Collision
As mentioned before, there is a logical explanation as to how this has happened — the robust steel rim has crumbled the flexible fibre front bumper — nothing peculiar about it. However, the internet army has targetted the poor Corolla and some keyboard warriors had no problem blaming the engineering of the legendary Japanese automotive brand.