- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Pushes Kumkum Bhagya To Second Spot; YRKKH Drops Down!
- Sports Apurvi Chandela clinches year’s second women’s 10m Air Rifle World Cup gold
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- News Mamata Banerjee's offer to quit as Bengal CM nothing but drama: Mukul Roy
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
A Sheik based out of Abu Dhabi has built what he calls the largest SUV in the world. Named Dhabiyan, the monstrous 10-wheeled SUV built by the Rainbow Sheik and weighs in at 24 tonnes. The body and engine are from an Oshkosh military truck while the driver's area is from a Jeep Wrangler SUV.
His Highness, Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan is a member of the ruling family of the Abu Dhabi and he got the nickname 'Rainbow Sheikh' after he got Mercedes-Benz to build him one example each of an S-Class in each of the natural phenomenon's colours - with each part of the vehicle from the wheels to the interior matched to the colour specified.
The latest collection from the Shiek's collection to debut on the pages of the interwebs is the 10-wheeled, 24-tonne giant known as 'Dhabiyan'. According to the Sheik's Instagram account, Dhabiyan is based on the Oshkosh M1075 military truck with the PLS (Palletized Load System). For the driver's cabin section, the Sheikh made use of the body of a Jeep Wrangler SUV.
With the Wrangler body strapped at its rear end, it is quite easy to make out just how massive this gargantuan SUV really is. Dhabiyan is 10.8-metres long (35 feet), 3.2-metres tall, and 2.5-metres wide.
With its massive wheels and tyres, the Dhabiyan looks like it was built to conquer the desert. Other than the American Oshkosh military truck and Wrangler parts, the Dhabiyan also sports quite a few other parts that have been mixed and matched together to create a rather fear-inducing vehicle on the road. These parts include the front end of a truck from 1940s along with the lighting setup from a Ford Super Duty pickup truck. The rear bumper is the quirkiest of the lot as it has been lifted directly from a Dodge Dart.
Thankfully, to haul its girth around Dhabiyan has retained the Oshkosh M1075's engine. The engine itself is another mass of numbers - the engine is a 15.2-litre, 6-cylinder inline water-cooled diesel unit that cranks out 600hp.
If you wish to view the Dhabiyan for yourself, you can follow Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan's Instagram page for more details. For those wanting an even closer look, the Dhabiyan currently resides in the Emirates National Auto Museum in Abu Dhabi.