- 3 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 9 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 12 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Dizziness, fatigue, and nausea are symptoms which bring a bad experience of travelling and you might end up regretting your plans to travel. Motion sickness is not fully understood, researchers believe it is caused by a conflict of our body's sensory systems.
You can take the route of medications to help you relieve the symptoms; however, if you are looking to put an end to it for good, here are ten tips and techniques to help you.
1. Fresh Air
Try to sit by the window to help you breath fresh air, also, avoid the smell or odors of strong nature like food or fuel like petrol or diesel which can trigger nausea.
2. Well Hydration And Eat Lightly
Dehydration is a definite cause for motion sickness, so keep yourself well hydrated by drinking lots of water. Eat regularly but in small quantity, because empty stomach does trigger nausea.
Even your diet should consist of citrus fruits, dry bread, snacks such as crackers. Avoid fatty, spicy and rich food and do not eat to your full stomach.
3. Control the Situation
Many of us feel the motion sickness if we are not in the driver's seat, the driver is less prone to motion sickness probably because the driver's brain is utilising its motor commands to control the car and can predict the motion.
If you are not in the driver's seat, then try and sit in the front seat and looking at the horizon will help you with the confidence of control. Even a conversation can take you off the situation of motion sickness.
4. Choose Your Seating
If you are travelling by train, bus or by plane then choose forward facing seat and in the centre of the carriage in the train and front seats of a bus or a coach, this will help you to a great extent.
5. Do Not Travel with a Hangover
Hangovers are never the greatest of experience and with motion sickness will make your experience even worse.
Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated and get some sleep and promise yourself that you will never travel with a hangover.
6. Ginger As A Pre-treat
Some studies believe or support the idea of taking ginger will help to avoid motion sickness. Take ginger in quantities of one or two grams at least an hour before you leave for best results.
7. Check With Your Doctor
Consult your doctor if you are already on medication for any reasons and if your travel will be challenging. Accordingly, alter your intake of food or medication which will help you avoid motion sickness.
8. Good Sleep Prior To Travel
A good sleep before travelling not only keeps you fresh and excited about travelling, it can even ease your motion sickness especially if you are not a good sleeper while travelling.
9. Talk To Yourself
By simply telling the sailors that they won't get seasick, half your battle is won. Talking to yourself will increase confidence. Affirmative talks will indeed help boost your confidence and avoid the sickness.
10. When Everything Fails, Medicate
When everything fails to curb your motion sickness, go ahead and take some medication to avoid the motion sickness. When taken 30 - 60 minutes before you travel will help you avoid the motion sickness.