- 43 min ago Hyundai Venue Fuels Price Wars — Tata, Ford, And Maruti Offer Discounts
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Movies Ambareesh & Sumalatha Never Interfered In Each Other's Lives; But, Accepted They Fought Over Issues
- News Days after his defeat, Punjab Cong chief Sunil Jakhar resigns
- Technology Asus ZenFone 4 Max and ZenFone 4 Selfie receive Android Pie AOSP beta firmware
- Sports David Luiz wishes team India and Kohli luck ahead of the World Cup
- Finance Various Advantages Of Investing In NPS Tier II
- Lifestyle When Tinsel Town Divas Made White-hued Outfits Trendy At Cannes 2019
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
Zoom, the Bangalore based car-sharing company has come up with a crazy and unconventional idea to promote their brand. Zoom co-founders David Back and Greg Moran plan to totally pimp-out a classic 1990 Hindustan Ambassador and they want your help to do it.
David Back and Greg Moran have taken to crowd sourcing platform Indiegogo with the "Zoom: Pimp My Ambassador" campaign to get help in making a modified Ambassador sedan.
There minimum goal on Indiegogo is $1000 or approximately Rs 60,000. If this goal is achieved the duo plan on adding a few basic items to turn this socialist-era car into an even cooler ride. Zoom-green paint, leopard print seats, fuzzy dice on the mirror, huge rims, a Ganesha statue, a flux capacitor from the fictional DeLorean time machine and a red flip-switch, to name a few.
Things will turn even crazier as the money goes up. To name a few, the Ambassador could get pink neon lights, massive trunk mounted speaker system, a large supercharger that'll stick out of the bonnet and more.
The ultimate goal, which will only be possible if the project raises 10 lakh rupees (~$16,000) or more, is to get an ambassador to India to drive the pimped out Zoom Ambassador.
Contributors get rewards of course, but this project is mainly aimed at those residing in Bangalore, though anyone can participate.
The story continues in the next section. Click through the slides for more:
Shown in these images are some of the modifications that would be done to the Zoom Ambassador.
The minimum contribution you can make on Indiegogo towards this campaign is $1 or about Rs 60.
A "Flux Capacitor", a component that's seen in the DeLorean time travelling car.
Most of the rewards for your contribution gets you Zoom weekday and weekend drive reservations.
If the campaign exceeds its minimum goal Zoom plans to make a music video featuring the modified Ambassador and its contributors.
You could even have David Back and Greg Moran personally drive the Zoom Ambassador to a party of your choice.
But the ultimate reward would be the chance to take a ride in the Zoom Ambassador with an ambassador to India.
Watch the introduction video to the campaign and click on "Zoom: Pimp My Ambassador" to head to the Indiegogo campaign page.