- 11 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Technology Vivo Y72t With Dimensity 810 SoC, 64MP Dual Cameras Goes Official; Price, Full Specifications
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
Piaggio has revealed its new electric scooter, the Vespa Elettrica at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy. The company had unveiled the electric scooter as a concept model in 2016.
The Vespa Elettrica is powered by an electric motor with a peak power output of 5.2bhp and 2.6bhp of continuous power. Piaggio states that the Elettrica delivers a superior performance which is equal to a 50cc conventional scooter.
The electric scooter features two riding modes: ECO and Power. The ECO mode offers linear power delivery and the top-speed is limited to 30km/h, whereas the Power mode offers full acceleration. The scooter also gets a reverse mode.
The electric motor draws power from a lithium-ion battery which can be charged in just four hours. The scooter also features regenerative braking which will charge the battery while braking. The Elettrica will be offered in two variants, the standard and X.
The standard Vespa Elettrica offers a range of 100km and the Elettrica X delivers a range of 200km. The extended range is achieved by a petrol-powered generator. The X variant of the scooter features a fuel tank. To accommodate the fuel tank, the X model gets a smaller battery with a range of 48km.
The generator on the Elettrica X extends the range to 200km. The generator automatically activates when the battery level drops or it can be manually activated. Piaggio claims that the battery is good for 1,000 full charging cycles.
Apart from that, the Elettrica also features LED headlight, TFT instrument cluster display, under seat storage, USB socket, 12-inch front wheel and 11-inch rear wheel. Piaggio has confirmed the production of the Elettrica and will hit the roads by March 2018.
The Vespa Elettrica is an ideal urban scooter with a decent pure-electric range. The overall design of the scooter features a right mix of retro-styling and modern technology. The scooter is sleek and elegant and makes for a perfect city commuter.
Trending On DriveSpark: