- 35 min ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Interiors Spotted Ahead Of Unveil On August 15: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Prices For The New CBR1000RR-R Fireblade And Fireblade SP Will Leave You Surprised
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet SUV Review (First Look): Can It Replicate The Success Of its Larger Sibling In India?
- News Delhi sexual assault case: 12-year-old remains critical, may need Neurosurgery, says AIIMS
- Movies Did Vanitha Vijaykumar Take An Indirect Dig At Meera Mitun’s Degrading Remarks On Popular Actors?
- Sports BCCI, ECB agree to postpone England's white ball tour to India to early 2021, new trip to include Tests
- Lifestyle 12 Simple And Effective Ways To Use Rose Water For Acne
- Technology How To Enable 90FPS Mode In PUBG Mobile On OnePlus Smartphones
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In August 2020
- Finance RBI To Offer Offline Payments Via Cards, Wallets, Mobiles: Here's How It Works
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Piaggio has revealed its new electric scooter, the Vespa Elettrica at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy. The company had unveiled the electric scooter as a concept model in 2016.
The Vespa Elettrica is powered by an electric motor with a peak power output of 5.2bhp and 2.6bhp of continuous power. Piaggio states that the Elettrica delivers a superior performance which is equal to a 50cc conventional scooter.
The electric scooter features two riding modes: ECO and Power. The ECO mode offers linear power delivery and the top-speed is limited to 30km/h, whereas the Power mode offers full acceleration. The scooter also gets a reverse mode.
The electric motor draws power from a lithium-ion battery which can be charged in just four hours. The scooter also features regenerative braking which will charge the battery while braking. The Elettrica will be offered in two variants, the standard and X.
The standard Vespa Elettrica offers a range of 100km and the Elettrica X delivers a range of 200km. The extended range is achieved by a petrol-powered generator. The X variant of the scooter features a fuel tank. To accommodate the fuel tank, the X model gets a smaller battery with a range of 48km.
The generator on the Elettrica X extends the range to 200km. The generator automatically activates when the battery level drops or it can be manually activated. Piaggio claims that the battery is good for 1,000 full charging cycles.
Apart from that, the Elettrica also features LED headlight, TFT instrument cluster display, under seat storage, USB socket, 12-inch front wheel and 11-inch rear wheel. Piaggio has confirmed the production of the Elettrica and will hit the roads by March 2018.
The Vespa Elettrica is an ideal urban scooter with a decent pure-electric range. The overall design of the scooter features a right mix of retro-styling and modern technology. The scooter is sleek and elegant and makes for a perfect city commuter.
Trending On DriveSpark: