- 36 min ago Pierre Cherpin Has Passed Away After Crashing On Stage 7 Of The 2021 Dakar Rally
- 39 min ago 2021 Skoda Superb Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 31.99 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi A4 Review (First Drive): Better Than The Others In The Segment?
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger 160 Street & Avenger 220 Cruise Prices Hikes Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- Technology Netflix Likely Tests Spatial Audio On Select Apple Devices
- News PM Modi set to launch India's Covid-19 vaccination drive: All you need to know
- Finance How To Get NPS Partial Withdrawal Amount In Your Bank Account?
- Movies 51st Edition Of IFFI Set To Start In A Hybrid Mode For The First Time: Opening Ceremony Tomorrow
- Lifestyle Ladies, Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Ask A Man Out
- Sports ISL 2020-21, Mumbai City FC vs Hyderabad FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In January
- Education IBPS PO Prelims Result 2020 Declared
Piaggio has revealed its new electric scooter, the Vespa Elettrica at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy. The company had unveiled the electric scooter as a concept model in 2016.
The Vespa Elettrica is powered by an electric motor with a peak power output of 5.2bhp and 2.6bhp of continuous power. Piaggio states that the Elettrica delivers a superior performance which is equal to a 50cc conventional scooter.
The electric scooter features two riding modes: ECO and Power. The ECO mode offers linear power delivery and the top-speed is limited to 30km/h, whereas the Power mode offers full acceleration. The scooter also gets a reverse mode.
The electric motor draws power from a lithium-ion battery which can be charged in just four hours. The scooter also features regenerative braking which will charge the battery while braking. The Elettrica will be offered in two variants, the standard and X.
The standard Vespa Elettrica offers a range of 100km and the Elettrica X delivers a range of 200km. The extended range is achieved by a petrol-powered generator. The X variant of the scooter features a fuel tank. To accommodate the fuel tank, the X model gets a smaller battery with a range of 48km.
The generator on the Elettrica X extends the range to 200km. The generator automatically activates when the battery level drops or it can be manually activated. Piaggio claims that the battery is good for 1,000 full charging cycles.
Apart from that, the Elettrica also features LED headlight, TFT instrument cluster display, under seat storage, USB socket, 12-inch front wheel and 11-inch rear wheel. Piaggio has confirmed the production of the Elettrica and will hit the roads by March 2018.
The Vespa Elettrica is an ideal urban scooter with a decent pure-electric range. The overall design of the scooter features a right mix of retro-styling and modern technology. The scooter is sleek and elegant and makes for a perfect city commuter.
Trending On DriveSpark: