- 33 min ago Next-Gen Skoda Octavia Spotted Testing Without Camouflage: Launching In India Soon
- 53 min ago Tata Motors To Set Up Vehicle Scrapyards In India: Four Scrapyards Planned Initially
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Royal Enfield Classic 350 Digital Instrument Cluster & Tripper Navigation Revealed In Spy Video
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Announces Additional Investment Of Rs 3,000 Crore In Its EV Business
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui Says 'Superstars Do Fake Acting'; Suggests Aspiring Actors To Not Lose Their Originality
- News West Bengal elections 2021: 28 per cent candidates declared criminal cases against themselves
- Lifestyle Rongali Bihu 2021: Quotes, Wishes And Messages That You Can Share With Your Loved Ones
- Sports Women's T20 Challenge likely to remain three-team affair
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Finance How to Check Axis Bank Credit Card Statement?
- Technology BSNL Offers 3300GB Data With New Four Air Fibre Plans
- Education Maharashtra Board Exams 2021 Postponed For HSC And SSC: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
Piaggio has revealed its new electric scooter, the Vespa Elettrica at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy. The company had unveiled the electric scooter as a concept model in 2016.
The Vespa Elettrica is powered by an electric motor with a peak power output of 5.2bhp and 2.6bhp of continuous power. Piaggio states that the Elettrica delivers a superior performance which is equal to a 50cc conventional scooter.
The electric scooter features two riding modes: ECO and Power. The ECO mode offers linear power delivery and the top-speed is limited to 30km/h, whereas the Power mode offers full acceleration. The scooter also gets a reverse mode.
The electric motor draws power from a lithium-ion battery which can be charged in just four hours. The scooter also features regenerative braking which will charge the battery while braking. The Elettrica will be offered in two variants, the standard and X.
The standard Vespa Elettrica offers a range of 100km and the Elettrica X delivers a range of 200km. The extended range is achieved by a petrol-powered generator. The X variant of the scooter features a fuel tank. To accommodate the fuel tank, the X model gets a smaller battery with a range of 48km.
The generator on the Elettrica X extends the range to 200km. The generator automatically activates when the battery level drops or it can be manually activated. Piaggio claims that the battery is good for 1,000 full charging cycles.
Apart from that, the Elettrica also features LED headlight, TFT instrument cluster display, under seat storage, USB socket, 12-inch front wheel and 11-inch rear wheel. Piaggio has confirmed the production of the Elettrica and will hit the roads by March 2018.
The Vespa Elettrica is an ideal urban scooter with a decent pure-electric range. The overall design of the scooter features a right mix of retro-styling and modern technology. The scooter is sleek and elegant and makes for a perfect city commuter.
Trending On DriveSpark: