TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
Royal Enfield has revealed the all-new Continental GT 650 at EICMA 2017 in the Italian city of Milan. Revealed alongside the new Continental GT 650 is the brand new Interceptor 650 which is also powered by Royal Enfield's brand new parallel-twin engine.
Royal Enfield has grown 16 fold in the last decade, it is the fastest growing motorcycle maker in the world. The 650cc powerplant helps evolve the Continental and the new bike is 95 percent brand new.
The parallel-twin on the new Continental GT 650 produces 46.3bhp at 7,100rpm and 52Nm of peak torque at 4,000rpm and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The new 648cc engine should address the needs of these customers who were unsatisfied with the fact that the regular Continental GT had issues cruising at motorway speeds in Europe (70mph/112.6kph).
Royal Enfield's decision to put its new parallel twin engine to work in the new Continental 650cc shows the popularity of the cafe-racer style motorcycles in Europe.
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 will be available in three different colour options. The first is this striking blue shade called the Sea Nymph.
The second colour option for RE's newest cafe racer is this rather ominous shade called Black magic.
The final colour option is called Ice queen and is a rather 'Frozen' white.
The new Continental's cylinder are at an angle of 270 degrees to each other and while it may look old school, it packs in a host of modern features.
While the bike was shown as a single seater, Royal Enfieldhas confirmed that the new Interceptor will be offered as a two-seater.