- 16 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 16 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 18 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- Finance Rs. 2000 Notes To Gradually Phase Out; ATMs Under Recalibration
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- News Justice S Muralidhar transferred from Delhi HC, notifies Centre
- Sports AFC Cup 2020: Bengaluru FC bow out on penalties in playoff round
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Kawasaki has extended the family of the supersport ZX-10 with the introduction of the Ninja ZX-10R SE at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE features Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS) developed in collaboration with Showa.
The 2017 World Superbike title-winning model becomes the first Kawasaki motorcycle to get the electronic semi-active suspension which uses an inertial measurement unit and sensors in the Showa suspension to adjust settings in milliseconds depending on the conditions.
The KECS uses solenoids to alter the damping settings instead of stepper motors. The sensors on the front forks and rear monoshock suspension measure the suspension movement once per millisecond. The inertial measurement unit relays the information to ECU which decides the best damping settings.
The Ninja ZX-10R SE is equipped with three rider-selectable modes: Road, Track and Manual. The first two modes offer softer or stiffer base settings, whereas the manual mode allows to tweak the basic settings of compression damping and extension.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE is equipped with top-of-the-range Showa suspension setup with Balance Free front forks and a Balance Free Cushion monoshock setup. Other upgrades on the ZX-10R SE are the Marchesini wheels and quick shifter from the ZX-10RR.
The Ninja ZX10R SE draws power from the existing 998cc engine producing 197.3bhp and 113.5Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox. No other changes have been done to the motorcycle.
The addition of the active suspension system adds 2kg to the motorcycle. The kerb weight of the Ninja ZX-10R SE stands at 208kg as compared to the 206kg of the base model. The motorcycle is available in Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Matt Graphite Gray colour options.
The Ninja ZX-10R SE is the first motorcycle from the stable of Kawasaki to get electronic semi-active suspension. The ride quality will be superior with the suspension adjusting itself depending on the road condition. Apart from that the rest of the specifications remains the same.
Trending On DriveSpark!