- 17 min ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 24 min ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Launched New Initiative ‘Sanitised by Tata Motors’ For its Customers Across India
- 1 hr ago Kia Sonet Mid-Spec Variant SUV Spotted Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Sandhya Mridul Says Nepotism Debate Has Turned Into A Witch-Hunt: To Continuously Abuse Is Not Right
- News IAF objects to ‘negative portrayal’ of work culture in Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl
- Technology OnePlus Nord New Color Variant Tipped To Launch In October
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi’s Stylish Pink Suits Will Have You Thinking About Pink Outfits
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujurat In August 2020
- Finance Investing In Mutual Funds Using WhatsApp
- Sports COVID-19: Indian hockey teams to resume sports activities from August 19
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Kawasaki has extended the family of the supersport ZX-10 with the introduction of the Ninja ZX-10R SE at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE features Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS) developed in collaboration with Showa.
The 2017 World Superbike title-winning model becomes the first Kawasaki motorcycle to get the electronic semi-active suspension which uses an inertial measurement unit and sensors in the Showa suspension to adjust settings in milliseconds depending on the conditions.
The KECS uses solenoids to alter the damping settings instead of stepper motors. The sensors on the front forks and rear monoshock suspension measure the suspension movement once per millisecond. The inertial measurement unit relays the information to ECU which decides the best damping settings.
The Ninja ZX-10R SE is equipped with three rider-selectable modes: Road, Track and Manual. The first two modes offer softer or stiffer base settings, whereas the manual mode allows to tweak the basic settings of compression damping and extension.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE is equipped with top-of-the-range Showa suspension setup with Balance Free front forks and a Balance Free Cushion monoshock setup. Other upgrades on the ZX-10R SE are the Marchesini wheels and quick shifter from the ZX-10RR.
The Ninja ZX10R SE draws power from the existing 998cc engine producing 197.3bhp and 113.5Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox. No other changes have been done to the motorcycle.
The addition of the active suspension system adds 2kg to the motorcycle. The kerb weight of the Ninja ZX-10R SE stands at 208kg as compared to the 206kg of the base model. The motorcycle is available in Metallic Flat Spark Black and Metallic Matt Graphite Gray colour options.
The Ninja ZX-10R SE is the first motorcycle from the stable of Kawasaki to get electronic semi-active suspension. The ride quality will be superior with the suspension adjusting itself depending on the road condition. Apart from that the rest of the specifications remains the same.
Trending On DriveSpark!