TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
EICMA 2017: KTM 790 Adventure prototype revealed. The prototype 790 Adventure previews a production bike expected to arrive at showrooms in 2019, which will replace the iconic 690 Adventure.
The KTM Duke 790 Adventure will be powered by the same LC8c parallel-twin engine that propels the all-new 790 Duke which was also revealed alongside the concept bike at EICMA 2017.
The engine produces 103.5bhp @ 9,000rpm and 86Nm of torque @ 8,000rpm in the new 790 Duke and is expected to be carried over unchanged.
In terms of design, the KTM 790 Adventure is as crazy as it gets. The near vertical iteration of the Superduke's split headline design, tall windscreen and the raised front fender and front shocks give it an extremely aggressive look up front.
The engine and the chassis are enclosed in a horseshoe-like structure while the long travel suspension setup (expected to be a WP setup in the production model) and a fully adjustable rear mono shock add to the off-road look of the prototype.
Also seen is an upward jutting Akrapovic exhaust unit and the new 790 Adventure prototype also features some rather large wheels (21-inch front and 18-inch rear). Braking duties are handled by twin discs up front and a single disc at the rear.
The upcoming KTM 790 Adventure has some rather large shoes to fill as it will be replacing the ballistic 690 Adventure. However, if the prototype is anything to go by, the new 790 Adventure could be a real riot when it hits the dirt tracks in 2019.