- 10 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 14 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 Day 1 Live Updates: And So, On The Very First Day, #KhelGayeBiggBoss
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Taylor, Nurse’s blazing knocks power India Capitals to final
- News Intelligence dept gets input about threat to Maha CM Shinde's life; security beefed up
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The Indian two-wheeler market is among the biggest in the world and it is growing as well. As such, manufacturers are always competing with each other to get the best out of the growing market. So, let us take a look at the sales figures of Indian two-wheeler manufacturers in the month of August.
Hero (4,50,740 units)
Hero MotoCorp continues to dominate the Indian two-wheeler market, and sales figures for the company stands at 4,50,740 units for the month of August 2022. During the same time last year, Hero MotoCorp managed to sell just 4,31,137 units and as a result, the YoY sales increased by more than 4.55 per cent.
In comparison, MoM sales also increased by almost a similar margin as the company managed to sell just 4,30,684 units in July 2022.
|No||Two-Wheeler Manufacturer||Aug-'22||Aug-'21||YoY Growth (%)|
Honda (4,23,216 units)
At 4,23,216 units, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) is the second biggest two-wheeler manufacturer in India during the month of August 2022. Moreover, YoY growth is marginally better than HeroMotoCorp at 5.41 per cent as the company had managed to sell just a few thousand units above the 4 lakh mark in August 2021.
Moreover, MoM sales growth is also positive as the company registered a 5.09 per cent growth. In terms of numbers, HMSI managed to sell 4,02,701 units in July 2022 - Which is 20,515 units less than what the company had achieved in August 2022.
TVS (2,39,325 units)
TVS has yet again narrowly edged Bajaj Motorcycles to hold the third spot by managing to sell 2,39,325 units of its two-wheelers in August 2022 - Which is almost 33 per cent more than what the company had managed to sell in August 2021.
Moreover, the MoM sales figure for TVS also increased by more than 18 per cent as the company managed to sell just 2,01,942 units in July 2022 (37,383 units less compared to August 2022).
Bajaj (2,33,838 units)
The lack of scooters in Bajaj's line up is clearly visible as it struggles to gain back the third spot from TVS. However, the YoT sales figure for the company has increased by more than 48 per cent as the company had managed to sell just 1,57,971 units in August 2021.
Coming to the MoM sales figures, Bajaj has somehow managed to increase its sales significantly within a short span of time as MoM sales growth stands at more than 42 per cent.
Suzuki (64,654 units)
Though sales figures for the Suzuki motorcycles are increasing, it is still a long way from the market leaders. In August 2022, Suzuki managed to sell 64,654 units of its motorcycles in August 2022.
This means the company has managed to increase YoY sales figures by almost 5 per cent, whereas the MoM sales figures also increased by more than 6 per cent.
Royal Enfield (62,892 units)
Though Royal Enfield dominates the 350cc segment in India, it is still a long way back from the best-selling two-wheeler manufacturers. Sales figures for the month of August 2022 stands at 62,892 units with a 61 per cent YoY sales increase.
Coming to MoM sales figures, Royal Enfield has witnessed a growth of more than 35 per cent as well.
Thoughts About Two-Wheeler Manufacturers In India
The two-Wheeler market in India has been steadily growing and we expect overall sales figures to go up in the coming months as well. Also, it is worth mentioning that the EV segment is also rapidly growing in the country.