- 2 hrs ago Price Hike Alert: Maruti Suzuki Hikes Prices Of Nexa Cars – XL6, Baleno, Ciaz & Ignis
- 4 hrs ago Log9 Materials Partners With Pulse Energy – India’s First WhatsApp Payment Gateway For EV Charging
- 6 hrs ago Tata Altroz Racer Could Be Launched Soon – More Power, Segment-First Features & More
- 9 hrs ago Auto Expo 2023: Keeway SR125, Sixties 300i, Vieste 300, K-Light 250V, K300 N & K300 R Showcased
- Sports Shubman Gill slams maiden ODI Double Century: Full list of records broken by India opener
- Lifestyle Why Do Men Most Frequently Report Erectile Dysfunction?
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! One Of Stories Of Ekta Kapoor's Love Sex Aur Dhokha 2 Based On Bigg Boss? Here's What We Know
- News NCP leader Nawab Malik's son booked in alleged visa fraud case
- Finance 2 Maharatna Stocks To Buy: Record Date For Dividend Set, Brokerages See Shares Rising
- Education World Leprosy Day, January 29: A Day to Fight the Disease and to Provide Care
- Technology OnePlus 11R Secures BIS Certification And Pops-Up On CQC: Launch In India Confirmed?
- Travel Beer Lover? Know Where To Get The Best Beer In The World
Ola Electric has once again shocked the country with its latest electric scooter, the Ola S1 Air. This new electric scooter is priced at Rs 79,999 (ex-showroom, India) - Making it not only the entry-level scooter of the Ola Electric, but it is also among the most affordable scooters you can buy in India. So, here are the top 5 things about the Ola S1 Air electric scooter that you should know before making a buying decision.
In order to achieve the aggressive pricing of the Ola S1 Air electric scooter, Ola Electric have made some bold decisions. One of which is the all-new powertrain system. Unlike the belt-driven 5.5kW electric motor system in the Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooters, the Ola S1 Air uses a much simpler 4.5kW hub-mounted electric motor.
Though the new electric motor in the newly launched Ola S1 Air is less powerful than the Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooters, its power output is still more than some of its competitors.
In terms of performance, the Ola S1 Air is not that far away from the more expensive Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooters. As such, the Ola S1 Air can accelerate to 40km/h from a standstill in just 4.3 seconds - Which is just half a second slower than the Ola S1 electric scooter and 1.4 seconds slower than Ola S1 Pro.
In addition to that, the Ola S1 Air can also do some more than decent highway cruising with a top speed of 90km/h - Which is more than the topspeed of some of its main competitors.
To achieve the aggressive price, Ola Electric has equipped the Ola S1 Air with a smaller 2.5kWh battery pack. In comparison, the Ola S1 electric scooter sports a 2.98kWh battery pack, whereas the top-of-the-range Ola S1 Pro electric scooter comes with a segment-best 3.97kWh battery pack.
Apart from that, it is also worth mentioning that the Ather 450 Plus sports an even smaller 2.4kWh battery back.
Range & Charging
With the smaller battery pack, the overall range of the Ola S1 Air is bound to take a hit. However, thanks to the better battery management of MoveOS 3, the Ola S1 Air electric scooter comes with an ARAI-certified range of 101 kilometres.
In terms of charging, the newly launched Ola S1 Air electric scooter takes just 4.5 hours to charge to its full capacity using a 500W portable charger, claims Ola Electric.
Though the Ola S1 Air looks very similar to the Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooter from a distance. A closer look reveals that Ola Electric has made more than a few changes to S1 Air. The most noticeable ones are the new conventional telescopic front suspension, twin rear shocks, dual-tone exterior, steel wheels, and a new tubular grab rail.
However, Ola Electric has retained the large 7-inch digital instrument cluster of the electric scooter, where the user can access various features such as drive modes, profile, calling function, navigation, party mode, vacation mode, and many more.
Thoughts About The Ola S1 Air Electric Scooter
With a price tag of less than Rs 80,000, Ola Electric has nailed the pricing of the Ola S1 Air electric scooter. However, to achieve the aggressive price, Ola Electric has not resorted to aggressively cutting down the feature list of the model and the electric scooter still comes equipped like a top-spec model with plenty of features onboard.