- 1 hr ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra BE & Twin Peaks Electric SUV Brands Revealed - 5 New EVs Unveiled
- 19 hrs ago Ola Electric ‘Shocks’ The Country Again - Ola S1 Bookings Open & Ola Electric Car Unveiled
- 24 hrs ago Honda Activa 6G Premium Edition Teased
- News Viral video: Pakistani musician plays Indian national anthem; clip winning hearts
- Finance Adani Logistics To Acquire ICD Tumb, From Navkar Corp For Rs 835 Cr
- Lifestyle Five 1-Ingredient Hair Masks For Frizzy, Dull Hair
- Sports Radha Kapoor Khanna Encourages The Sport of The Soil – Kabaddi
- Education NTA To Announce CUET UG 2022 Result Soon; Release Date, How To Check & More
- Technology iPad Production Likely Hit By Major Power Outage In China
- Movies Nna Thaan Case Kodu Box Office 5 Days Collections: Kunchacko Boban's Film Is A Super Hit!
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
Hero Electric returned to the top of the electric two-wheeler sales charts in July 2022 edging out Okinawa to become the bestselling electric two-wheeler marque in the country.
Previous favourites like Ola Electric continued their freefall down the list with the marque falling to fifth in the sales charts. Another big name falling down the charts was Ather Energy with the Bangalore-based marque dropping down to 8th in the sales charts.
Let's take a look at the top 10 best-selling electric two-wheeler manufacturers in India in July 2022...
1) Hero Electric - 8,953 Units
Hero Electric claimed the top spot on the electric two-wheeler manufacturers chart selling a total of 8,953 units in July 2022. Hero Electric grew by 112 per cent (4,730 units) Year-over-Year compared to July 2021 when it sold just 4,223 units. Month-over-Month metrics were also in the black rising by 37.65 per cent (2,449 units) compared to June 2022's 6,504 units.
2) Okinawa Autotech - 8,093 Units
Okinawa Autotech came in second on the July sales charts with the Gurugram-based electric two-wheeler marque selling 8,093 units last month. Okinawa's sales grew 213.68 per cent (5,513 units) Y-o-Y compared to the 2,580 units sold in July 2021. M-o-M sales for Okinawa grew by 15.88 per cent (1,109 units) compared to June 2022's 6,984 units.
3) Ampere EV - 6,313 Units
Ampere EV by Greaves Electric took the third spot on this list with the Coimbatore-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer selling 6,313 units in July 2022. Ampere's Y-o-Y growth is the highest in this list in terms of both units and percentage points with sales rising by 860.88 per cent or 5,656 units compared to July 2021's 657 units. M-o-M sales numbers though were in the red dropping by 228 units (3.49 per cent) compared to June's 6,541 units.
4) TVS - 4,258 Units
TVS continues its surge up the electric two-wheeler charts with the new iQube lineup. TVS sold 4,258 electric scooters in July 2022, a Y-o-Y increase of 557 per cent (3,610 units) compared to July 2021's 648 units. M-o-M sales were also up by 118.81 per cent (2,312 units) compared to June's 1,946 units.
5) Ola Electric - 3,859 Units
Ola Electric slipped down once again in July 2022 selling just 3,859. Ola Electric's M-o-M sales numbers dropped by 34.5 per cent (2,033 units) compared to the 5,892 electric scooters sold in June 2022. Hopefully, the upcoming Move OS3 update, due by Diwali, will help Ola return back to form.
The Other 5
In the sixth spot on the list was Bajaj, with the Pune-based two-wheeler manufacturer selling 2,433 units last month. Bajaj's Y-o-Y numbers were up by 234.20 per cent (1,705 units) compared to July 2021's 728 units, while M-o-M figures rose by 635 units (35.32 per cent) compared to June 2022's 1,798 units.
Electric motorcycle manufacturer Revolt sold 2,317 units last month. Revolt's Y-o-Y numbers were up by 2,000 units (630.91 per cent) compared to July 2021's 317 units while M-o-M metrics were down by 4.41 per cent (107 units) compared to the 2,424 electric motorcycles sold in June 2022.
Ather dropped to the 8th spot on this list, with the Bangalore-based electric scooter manufacturer selling 1,286 units last month. Ather's July numbers were down 28.52 per cent (513 units) Y-o-Y compared to July 2021's 1,799 units. M-o-M metrics were further in the red, dropping by 66.42 per cent (2,544 units) compared to June's 3,830 units.
Benling and Okaya complete the list in 9th and 10th respectively. Benling sold 1,167 units in July while Okaya sold 1,076 units last month. Both companies showed positive growth.
Thoughts About The Top 10 Electric Two-Wheeler Manufacturers From July
The electric two-wheeler market continues to grow and while seeing Hero Electric back at the top sure brings back smiles, the fall of both Ola and Ather is quite worrying and is something we hope reverses soon.