- Movies Actress Samantha's Admission To The Hospital Again Has Caused Great Concern Among Fans
- Lifestyle FDA Approves Most Expensive Drug Ever, Priced At $3.5 Million-Per-Dose For Hemophilia
- Education DUET PG 2022 Final Answer key Out; Check Details Here
- News Daughter refutes actor Vikram Gokhale's death news, shares he's critical
- Finance SBI Chief Confident, Of Maintaining Asset Quality Even Amid High Loan Growth
- Sports FIFA World Cup Youngest Goalscorers: Gavi joins Pele, Owen and Messi in top 10 list
- Travel Top Places in Delhi-NCR Where You Can Watch The FIFA World Cup 2022
- Technology MediaTek Dimensity 8200 Details Leaked: Worthy Successor To The Dimensity 8100?
Ahmedabad-based EV startup has revealed its electric motorcycle. The main USP of the Matter Motorcycle is its 4-speed Hypershift manual gearbox, a first for electric bikes in India.
The Matter electric motorcycle is powered by a single electric motor developing a claimed 14bhp and 520Nm of torque at the rear wheel.
Delivering that power to the wheel is a proprietary 4-speed manual gearbox which is a first for any electric motorcycle sold in India. Matter claims that the 4-speed gearbox, which is a sequential unit, "provides consistent power delivery, flat torque, and efficiency like no other."
Delivering the juice to the electric motor and the revolutionary gearbox is a 5kWh battery pack. Matter claims that this liquid-cooled battery pack (another claimed first) can deliver a range of between 125 and 150 kilometres on a single charge.
Matter claims that the battery pack supports both standard and fast charging through a common connecter. The onboard 1kW charger can connect to any 5A, 3-pin plug point and can charge up the bike in less than 5 hours.
The Matter electric motorcycle features a dual cradle frame setup. Braking duties on the all-new electric bike from Matter are handled by disc brakes on both wheels
In terms of design, the Matter electric motorcycle has its own unique look. At the front, the rectangular bi-functional LED headlight looks very distinct as do the LED turn signals mounted to the fairing on the faux fuel tank.
Other distinct design features of the Matter electric motorcycle include split LED taillights, a translucent shroud and an exposed spinner attached to the motor.
Matter has also fitted its first-ever electric motorcycle with a 7-inch LCD touchscreen instrumentation. The display is powered by Android and features 4G connectivity while providing the rider with all the information he/she needs about the bike.
The Matter electric Motorcycle also gets its own app with connected features like remote lock/unlock, geofencing, live location tracking, vehicle health monitoring, personalised ride statistics, charging status and push navigation among others.
Other features on the Matter electric motorcycle include 3 riding modes - Sport, Eco and City, passive keyless start, a 5-litre storage section, and forward and reverse parking assistance among others.
Thoughts About The Matter Motorcycle
The Matter Motorcycle's biggest talking point is its 4-speed sequential gearbox which makes it a very unique proposition in the EV world where single-speed automatics are the norm. How this works is something we'll only know when we get to actually ride this all-new bike before it arrives later this year.