- 2 min ago Kia Sales Grow By 60 Per Cent Y-o-Y In June 2022 - Records Highest-Ever Monthly Sales
- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 2 hrs ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Sales Rise By 59% Y-o-Y In June 2022
- Finance 3 Stocks To Go Ex-Bonus Next Week: Check Details
- Sports Fact Check: Is Virat Kohli retiring after another low score against England at Edgbaston?
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Congratulates Baywatch Co-Star Alexandra Daddario On Her Wedding
- Technology Lenovo Tab P11 Plus Coming To India Soon; Pricing Officially Confirmed
- News Udaipur murder: Did Centre transfer Kanhaiya Lal case to NIA to hide this, asks Congress
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
KTM has witnessed an overall increase in domestic sales in India. Apart from that, recent updates to the product lineup have also helped regain traction for the Austrian two-wheeler manufacturer in the country.
Though two-wheeler sales are generally low last financial year, looking into sales figures, it is clear that KTM has gained a decent market share in the country.
Speaking about the sales figures, KTM sold a total of 2,401 units in May 2022. In comparison, the Austrian manufacturer sold 1,458 units in May 2021, resulting in a YoY sales increase of more than 154 per cent.
KTM 200 Series (1,197 Units)
The KTM 200 series motorcycles continue to be a favourite among Indian consumers as the company sells 1,197 units in May 2022. This is an increase of 822 units over the previous year, resulting in YoY sales growth of 219 per cent.
On the other hand, the MoM sales of the 200 series motorcycles also went up by almost 743 per cent as the company managed to sell 142 units in April 2022.
|Rank||KTM Domestic||May-22||May-21||Growth (%) YoY|
|Rank||KTM Domestic||May-22||Apr-22||Growth (%) MoM|
KTM 250 Series (642 Units)
The KTM 250 series motorcycles are very desirable and practical motorcycles as it strikes a good balance between city commute and long-distance touring capability. As a result, its popularity gained and the company was able to sell 642 units in May 2022.
As a result, the YoY sales of the motorcycle increased by 474 units and the YoY sales increase stands at 281 per cent. Moreover, the MoM figures also improved by 2,468 per cent as the company sold just 25 units last year around the same time frame.
KTM 390 Series (558 Units)
The KTM 390 series range of motorcycles offers stellar performance and is a favourite among many enthusiasts in the country. In May 2022, KTM sold 558 units of this range of motorcycles and registered a YoY sales increase of 332 per cent.
On the other hand, the MoM sales figures increased by almost 23 per cent as the company managed to sell 454 units in the previous month.
KTM 125 Series (4 Units)
Though KTM 125 series is the most affordable motorcycle in KTM's product portfolio, the sales figures for the model have taken a serious hit as the company manages to sell just 4 units in May 2022, resulting in a YoY sales decline of more than 98 per cent.
On the other hand, the MoM sales figures also slipped as the company sold 30 units in the previous month.
Thoughts About KTM's Sales Performance In India
Two-wheeler sales in India have picked up the pace and the sales of KTM motorcycles are no exception as the Austrian automaker also picked up decent traction in the Indian two-wheeler market.
Apart from that, the recent updates also helped KTM achieve decent sales figures in May 2022. We expect this sales performance to continue in the coming months as well.