- 8 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 13 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports Confident India ready for AFC U-17 qualifying campaign
- News Security beefed up at Mumbai airport over hoax bomb threat
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Krushna Abhishek Joins Hands With Salman Khan, But There's A Catch
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Finance Forgot Your UAN Password? Know How To Reset/Change UAN Password
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Honda is all set to enter the electric two-wheeler market in India. Reports have revealed that Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) will enter the EV market in 2023 and will launch multiple electric two-wheelers in different segments. No details about the design or the powertrain have been revealed yet.
Electric vehicles are gaining popularity in the Indian market and every single two-wheeler manufacturer is doing their very best to compete in this space. There are many EV startups and a couple of mainstream manufacturers that have already launched electric two-wheelers. Many other brands are currently developing their own electric vehicles.
Honda is one of those brands that is known to be developing electric vehicles. Until now, it wasn't clear exactly what sort of an EV we could expect from Honda or when it would be launched. Now though, a Car&Bike report has revealed that the first Honda electric two-wheeler will be launched in April 2023.
As aforementioned, Honda will launch multiple electric two-wheelers in multiple segments. The first segment is Electric Bike which will include low-speed EVs with a top speed of 25km/h. A license won't be required to ride these EVs. Up next is the Electric Moped segment which will have mopeds with a top speed limited to 50km/h.
The next segment is literally called Electric Vehicle, and this segment will include EVs with a higher top speed. While this will be the segment that enthusiasts would be interested in, the segment that will actually bring in the numbers is the Electric Moped segment and that is exactly what Honda is after.
Atsushi Ogata, the President, MD & CEO of HMSI confirmed that Honda would first launch an EV in the moped segment and this would happen in April 2023. After this, would come a high-speed EV.
This clears the air on Honda's EV plans and clearly chalks out the path that the Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer will take. Simultaneously, Atsushi Ogata also revealed that Honda would continue focusing on petrol-powered motorcycles. Electric vehicles will only be the secondary focus for HMSI, at least for the next three years.
Thoughts On Honda Launching Its First Electric Two-Wheeler In April 2023
We now finally have a specific time period for the arrival of Honda's first electric two-wheeler. While this is indeed some exciting news, the decision to still continue focusing on petrol power just goes to show that the Indian market is still in a nascent stage when it comes to EVs. For the immediate future, ICE is still the way to go. EVs will take over completely at a later stage.