- 2 hrs ago Top 10 Motorcycles Sold In October 2022 - Splendor Still Reigns Supreme
- 4 hrs ago Here Are A Few Tips To Remove Fog From Car Glass
- 5 hrs ago Matter Electric Motorcycle Revealed With Upto 150km Range - Gets 4-Speed Manual Gearbox
- 6 hrs ago Toyota Innova Hycross Latest Teaser Confirms Ottoman-Style Captain Seats
- News India discontinues Air Suvidha forms for international passengers; Covid vaccination not mandatory
- Sports PKL: Tamil Thalaivas vs Bengal Warriors, Highlights: Narender's heroics lead Thalaivas to thrilling victory
- Lifestyle Sleek Straight Hairstyle Is In: Here’s How You Can Get It At Home!
- Movies Bigg Boss 6 Telugu: Marina Might Be Out Of The House But Earns Fanbase & Goodwill For Her Nature!
- Finance Buy 1 Small Cap & 1 Multibagger Mid Cap Stock For Returns Upto 19%, Says Ashika Stock Broking
- Education MH CET -3 Year LLB 2022: Round 2 Seat Allotment Result Released; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio Cinema Gets Heavily Criticised for its FIFA World Cup 2022 Broadcast; Here's Why
- Travel Looking For Workcation in North India? We Listed the Best, Have A Look
If you are sceptical about buying an electric scooter from startup EV manufacturers, here are two great options in the form of TVS iQube and Hero Vida V1. Both of these electric scooters are manufactured by well-established two-wheeler manufacturers in the country.
While Hero MotoCorp recently launched the Hero Vida V1 range of electric scooters in India, TVS Motor on the other hand has already launched and updated its iQube range of electric scooters in the country.
Variants & Price
Starting with the latest electric scooter, the Hero Vida V1 is available in two variants - Vida V1 Plus, Vida V1 Pro. While the base Hero Vida V1 Plus electric scooter is priced at Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore), on the other hand, the top-spec Hero Vida V1 Pro is priced at Rs 1.59 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore).
In comparison, the TVS iQube electric scooter is offered in 3 different variants - iQube, iQube S, and iQube ST. The base TVS iQube electric scooter is priced at Rs 1.12 lakh (on-road, Bengaluru), whereas the 'S' variant has been priced at Rs 1.20 lakh (on-road, Bengaluru). However, TVS is yet to announce the pricing for the top-end 'ST' variant.
The Hero Vida V1 Plus electric scooter sports a claimed range of 143 kilometres on a full charge. On the other hand, the Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooter can go up to 165 kilometres.
On the other hand, both TVS iQube and TVS iQube S electric scooters can do 100 kilometres on a full charge. Whereas the top-spec TVS iQube ST variant with its larger battery pack can do 140 kilometres on a full charge.
According to Hero Motocorp, both the Hero Vida V1 Plus and Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooters offer fast charging, using which the electric scooters can charge up to 80 per cent of battery capacity in just 65 minutes. Apart from that, the Hero Vida range of electric scooters can charge using the Ather Grid network of fast charging.
The TVS iQube ST variant can charge to 80 per cent capacity in just 150 minutes using a 1500W charger. On the other hand, the TVS iQube and iQube S can charge to 80 per cent capacity in 4 hours and 30 minutes.
Hero MotoCorp claims that the Hero Vida V1 Plus can accelerate from a standstill to 40km/h in just 3.4 seconds, whereas the Vida V1 Pro can achieve the same feat in just 3.2 seconds. Moreover, the top speed for both electric scooters is rated at 80km/h.
In comparison, TVS iQube, iQube S and iQube ST can sprint to 40km/h in just 4.2 seconds. While the top speed for the ST variant is rated at 82km/h, the top speed of the other two variants is capped at 78km/h.
Thoughts About Hero & TVS Electric Scooters
Comparing the electric scooter from Hero MotoCorp and TVS Motor, it is clear that electric scooters from Hero MotoCorp sport better specifications. However, the TVS iQube range of electric scooters are a lot more affordable for a typical scooter buyer in the country.