- 4 hrs ago Mahindra XUV400 Bookings Commence – Check Out All Details
- 22 hrs ago 2023 Hyundai Aura SX(O) Top Variant – Check Out All Details
- 1 day ago Mahindra Bolero Neo Limited Edition Launched At Rs 11.50 Lakh – Cheaper Than Top-Spec Variant
- 1 day ago Check Out This Willys-Inspired Mahindra Thar – Collapsible Windscreen, Tube Doors & More
- News US distances itself from Mike Pompeo's claim that India, Pakistan were on brink of nuclear war
- Sports Rodtang Jitmuangnon Ordained As Buddhist Monk After ONE Fight Night 6
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: 'Shiv Thakare Is Nobody Without His Mandali. He Can't Play Alone', Says Archana Gautam
- Travel India’s First Cinema Hall In A Metro Station: Do You Know Where It Is?
- Technology Here’s Why You Should Skip Apple's Latest M2 Pro Macbook Pro
- Education Best History Books for UGC NET Exam Preparation 2023
- Finance 'Goldman Sachs' Signals Partial Retreat From Consumer Banking
- Lifestyle Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: How To Support Children With ADHD
Hero Motocorp has finally launched the much-awaited Hero Vida V1 range of electric scooters in India and here's everything you need to know about the newly launched electric scooters from Hero Motocorp.
Price & Variants
The Hero Vida is available in two variants, the base variant is the Hero Vida V1 Plus and this model is priced at Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). On the other hand, the top-spec Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooter is priced at Rs 1.59 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The Hero Vida V1 Plus electric scooter delivers a range of 143 kilometres on a full charge. On the other hand, the Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooter can go up to 165 kilometres. Though Hero Motocorp is yet to reveal the specifications of the battery pack on the Vida V1 range of electric scooters, it does sport removable battery packs.
According to Hero Motocorp, both the Hero Vida V1 Plus and Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooters offer fast charging at speeds up to 1.2km/min. Apart from that, the newly-launched Hero Vida range of electric scooters can charge using the Ather Grid network of fast charging points.
Using Ather Grid, the new Hero Vida V1 Plus and Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooters can charge to 80 per cent of battery capacity in just 65 minutes.
Though Hero Motocorp is yet to reveal the specifications of the electric motor used in the Hero Vida range of electric scooters, the company claims that the Hero Vida V1 Plus can accelerate from a standstill to 40km/h in just 3.4 seconds. On the other hand, the more premium Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooter can achieve the same feat in just 3.2 seconds.
It is also worth mentioning that the Hero Vida V1 Plus and Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooters sport a very handy 'limp mode' function. In this mode, the electric scooter restricts the top speed to just 10km/h to preserve the battery for maximum range. Moreover, in this mode, both electric scooters are said to travel for an additional 8km even after the battery charge level reaches the critical point.
The Hero Vida V1 Plus and Hero Vida V1 Pro electric scooters come with features such as telescopic front suspension, mono-shock rear suspension, all-LED lighting, a small windscreen, a handlebar-mounted large 7-inch touchscreen instrument panel, and a front disc brake setup.
The Hero Vida V1 electric scooters also come with features such as Keyless control, SOS alert, cruise control, on-site repair, two-way throttle, 3 ride modes, follow-me-home headlamps, 26-litre underseat storage, split seats, and many more.
The newly launched Hero Vida V1 electric scooter is available in three different configurations. The first configuration is pretty much conventional with seating for two people and closed storage underneath the seat.
However, the next two options are slightly unconventional as both configurations sport open storage. The first of this type comes with a pillion seat, however, the storage under the seat is completely open and easily accessible. Whereas the next configuration consists of a single-seat setup.
Thoughts About Hero Vida V1 Electric Scooter
Though Hero Motocorp might seem a little late for the 'party' with the Hero Vida V1 electric scooters, we think this is the right time as the infrastructure for EVs has started growing rapidly and there are no clear market leaders as well. Apart from that, the specifications for the Vida V1 electric scooter also seem pretty strong for the price.