- 23 min ago Different Types Of Automatic Transmissions – DCT, AMT, CVT & More
- 2 hrs ago Tata Tiago EV Bookings Cross 20,000 Units In Under 2 Months
- 4 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp Hikes Prices Of Its Two-Wheelers - Fourth Price Hike In 2022
- 5 hrs ago Ultraviolette F77 Vs KTM RC 390 - Spec Sheet Comparison: Is Electric Really Better?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: Ram Wants To Stay Inside The House Until The Family Week; Will He?
- News 'What has happened to our priorities?': Amit Mishra slams critics who targeted Akshay Kumar over Chadha tweet
- Lifestyle You Might Live Longer If You Have A Sense Of Purpose, Study
- Finance Banks Offering Interest Rates Up to 7.50% on Savings Bank Account
- Sports Pakistan plays threat card: 'We will not play in 2023 World Cup if BCCI skips Asia Cup next year'
- Education HTET 2022 Admit Card OUT Today At bseh.org.in, Know Steps To Download Here
- Technology Realme 10 Pro+ With Curved AMOLED Could Launch Under ₹25,000 In India
- Travel Most Beautiful Flyovers in India
Hero MotoCorp has finalised the deal with Zero Motorcycles to co-develop electric motorcycles. The deal which has been in the pipeline for quite some time now has finally come through and Hero MotoCorp will invest $60 million (Around Rs 488 crore) in Zero Motorcycles. This is the latest step that Hero MotoCorp has taken towards electric mobility.
Electric mobility is a big deal indeed and everyone in the automotive industry is working towards electric vehicles. several manufacturers have already launched electric vehicles while the rest are currently developing EVs. Hero MotoCorp is among the latter and is currently developing EVs.
Hero MotoCorp is the largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world. It boasts a brilliant portfolio of commuter motorcycles, enthusiast motorcycles, and scooters. Hero MotoCorp might seem a little late to the EV party. However, the brand has been heavily investing in various EV firms across the world and that in turn will give them expertise unlike any other.
Hero MotoCorp has a stake in Ather Energy and Ather has quickly turned out to be the favourite premium electric scooter market. Hero MotoCorp has also partnered with Gogoro for battery swapping. In addition to this, the brand is all set to launch its new sub-brand called Vida.
Vida will launch its first electric scooter on 07 October 2022 and Hero MotoCorp has a big role to play in this as well. Needless to say, data from the Vida electric scooter launch will also be used in the development of Hero MotoCorp-branded electric two-wheelers. If the list of partnerships and investments weren't enough already, Hero MotoCorp has now invested in Zero Motorcycles.
Zero Motorcycles is an American electric motorcycle manufacturer founded by a former NASA engineer. It was formerly called Electricross and has produced models like the Zero S, SR, FXS, DS, DSR, FX, and SR. This is an exceptionally wide variety of electric motorcycles and the brand certainly has great experience in producing EVs.
Hero MotoCorp and Zero Motorcycles will co-develop electric motorcycles and Hero will also get access to some key technologies that Zero's electric motorcycles use. Needless to say, we can expect some good electric motorcycles to come out of this partnership.
Thoughts On Hero MotoCorp and Zero Motorcycles Partnership
The electric motorcycle market in India is pretty basic. If you are looking at purchasing an electric motorcycle in India, there are very few options, to begin with, and the motorcycles that are on sale in India are lackluster. With Hero MotoCorp and Zero Motorcycles co-developing electric motorcycles, we can finally expect some brilliant electric motorcycles to come our way.