- 2 hrs ago Updated Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Launched In India At Rs 5.69 Lakh – New Design, Added Safety Features & More
- 4 hrs ago Auto Expo 2023: Top 5 Concept Cars – EV9, Curvv & More
- 5 hrs ago Auto Expo 2023: Top 5 SUVs – Hector Facelift, Harrier EV & More
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5 Door First Look Review - Old School Everyday Bruiser
- Lifestyle Ways To Deal With Throat Infections This Winter, According To An ENT Specialist
- Movies BB16: Shekhar Suman Shares A Cryptic Post About Ignoring Barking Dogs; Fans Wonder If It Is For Priyanka
- News Caught on camera: Man dragged on car's bonnet in Bengaluru; 5 including woman who was driving arrested
- Sports ONE Championship: Three MMA Fights We Want To See In 2023
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Prices Leak: Here’s How Much The Flagship Android Smartphones Cost
- Education Career opportunities for Interior designing in India
- Finance Budget 2023 Expectation: Will Govt Hike NPS Contribution to 14% for Private Sector Employees?
- Travel Malana, Touch Me Not Village Of Himachal Pradesh, India
German luxury automaker BMW has teased the arrival of its CE04 electric scooter ahead of its launch which is expected to happen at the firm's massive launch event tomorrow.
The BMW CE04 is the firm's Motorrad division's only electric offering and looks like something out of a futuristic video game. The CE04 will be the second premium scooter offering from BMW Motorrad in India after the internal combustion engine-powered C 400 GT.
The teaser image from BMW states 'The Silent Revolution Is Here' and shows off the futuristic all-electric scooter from the front with its orange windscreen and twin headlamps.
The BMW CE04 looks unlike any scooter on our roads today. In fact, the design of the scooter is based around the motor and the battery pack which sit under the low-slung seat. The BMW rides on a set of rather snazzy disc wheels and there is also enough storage space underneath the seat for a large helmet.
The BMW CE04 sports a large 10.25-inch TFT that connects to your smartphone with the help of the BMW Motorrad Connect app. This allows owners to control their smartphones (calls, music and the lot) and get all the details they want about the BMW CE04 including the remaining range and other necessary info.
So what powers this electric scooter that looks to be more at home in Tron movie than on our streets? Well the BMW CE04 is powered by a single electric motor that has a peak power output of 31kW or 41.5bhp. The BMW CE04's electric motor produces 62Nm of peak torque.
This extreme output is sent to the rear wheel via a belt drive and allows the CE04 to sprint from 0-50km/h in just 2.6 seconds. The BMW CE04 electric scooter has an electronically limited top speed of 120km/h.
The BMW CE04's motor draws power from a large 8.5kWh battery pack that helps deliver a range of 130 kilometres on a single charge as per the WMTC testing cycle.
The BMW CE04 is offered with a choice of two chargers - 2.3kW (integrated) and 6.9kW (optional). When plugged into the mains with the integrated 2.3kW charger the battery pack charges from 0-80 per cent in 3.5 hours with a full charge taking 4 hours and 20 minutes. With the optional 6.9kW charger plugged in, the 0-80 per cent charging time drops to 65 minutes with a full charge taking 100 minutes.
Thoughts About The BMW CE04
The BMW CE04 looks unlike any other scooter in the Indian market today and with its large battery pack can offer a range of up to 130km while also offering the ability to hit a top speed as high as 120km/h. If this is the future of BMW scooters, we sure want to put our bets in.