- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG Launched At Rs 7.77 Lakh - Most Powerful CNG Hatchback In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic Unveiled - Gets More Kit
- 16 hrs ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha Day 2 Box Office Collection: Aamir Khan's Film Witnesses A Drop In Numbers
- Finance Buy This Tata Group Stock For A Dividend Yield Of 4.65%, Company Is Repaying Debt
- News Salman Rushdie "alive" after attack | Top points
- Sports K1000 Rally: Aishwarya Pissay, the cynosure of all eyes
- Technology Microsoft Lays Off 2,000 Employees In Just Two Months; Find Out Why
- Education MAH CET MBA/MMS 2022 Admit Card Released: Download Hall Tickets From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel Sakrebailu Elephant Camp Shimoga Timings, Ticket Fee, Attractions and How to Reach
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan: Bollywood Guide To Maternity Fashion
Bangalore-based electric vehicle manufacturer Ather Energy has launched the Gen 3 450X and 450 Plus scooters in India.
Prices for the new Ather 450 Plus start at Rs 116,101 while the Gen 3 450X now starts at Rs 137,612. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Ahmedabad and are inclusive of FAME II subsidy, performance upgrade and the Ather Dot home charger.
Ather hasn't changed the 450X and 450 Plus electric scooters massively but has instead made a series of small changes including a larger battery and a new tyre compound developed jointly with MRF, new ORVMs and a side step among others.
The Ather 450X's battery pack size has been increased by 25 per cent in size which Ather claims allows for 20 per cent longer life.
The larger battery pack is now 3.7kWh in size and Ather claims that this allows for a certified range of 146 kilometres on a single charge. The new battery pack has a weight of 19 kilogrammes.
Ather claims that this allows for a true range of 105 kilometres in Eco Mode. In ride mode the true range drops to 85 kilometres while the figure in Sport mode now stands at 75 kilometres. In Warp mode, the true range is now 65 kilometres which Ather claims will allow 94 per cent of 450X users to solely ride the electric scooter in its most powerful mode.
The Gen 3 450X improves significantly on the previous-gen scooter's range. The Gen 2 Ather 450X had a true range of 85km in Eco Mode, 70km in Ride mode, 60km in Sport mode and 50Km in Warp mode.
The Ather 450X now rides on 22 per cent grippier MRF tyres as standard. Ather and MRF jointly developed the new tyre which is fitted to the Gen 3 Ather 450X as standard. Ather claims that the new tyres help in better acceleration, cornering, and braking performance.
The Ather 450X also gets more features including a new TPMS sensor, ORVMs which offer 2x more visibility and a brand new side step which is made from cast aluminium. The display setup now has double the RAM which Ather claims will help unlock more features in the future including offline maps.
Test rides for the Gen 3 450X and 450 Plus start today and deliveries will start this month itself.
Thoughts On The New Gen 3 Ather Electric Scooters
Ather's new Gen 3 electric scooters bring with them a host of small upgrades including a larger battery pack that together make the new 450X and 450 Plus much more usable for those looking for a reliable and sporty electric two-wheelers.