- 1 hr ago Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 11 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- News CBI questions Congress MP Venugopal questioned in Kerala solar scam case
- Finance SBI, ICICI & HDFC Fixed Deposits FD Interest Rates Comparison: Effective From August 13
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Boycott Culture: We Have Seen Us Getting Targeted In The Worst Possible Way
- Technology After Ban, BGMI To Return To India Soon
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Chennai Quick Guns seek maiden win, Mumbai Khiladis take on Gujarat Giants
- Education Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022: August 17 Is Last Date To Apply, Hurry Up!
- Lifestyle Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Kawasaki has launched the new Versys 650 in India. The 2022 Kawasaki Versys is priced at Rs 7.36 lakh (ex-showroom). The price of the 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 has increased by Rs 21,000 compared to its predecessor.
2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 Specs
The 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 is mechanically unchanged compared to its predecessor. The adventure motorcycle continues to draw power from a liquid-cooled 649cc, parallel-twin engine that produces 65.71bhp at 8,500rpm and 61Nm of peak torque at 7,000rpm. The engine is paired to a 6-speed gearbox.
The Kawasaki Versys 650 continues to feature a diamond frame setup with a 41mm inverted telescopic fork from Showa at the front with adjustable rebound damping at the front and a Showa monoshock at the rear with preload adjustment.
The brakes too are unchanged with dual 300mm discs at the front clamped by two-piston callipers and a 250mm disc at the rear with a single-piston calliper. The 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 rides on 17-inch alloy wheels shod with 120/70 - ZR17 (front) and 160/60 - ZR17 (rear) tyres.
2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 Design & Features
The 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 has received a subtle makeover in terms of its looks which are now inspired by its larger Versys 1000 sibling. The half-fairing at the front features a small beak-like element underneath the new dual LED headlights. Also seen is a new four-way adjustable windscreen. The new Versys 650 features new graphics and is offered in two different colour options for 2022 - Lime Green and Metallic Phantom Silver.
The all-new 2022 Versys 650 features the Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC) which features two different modes - one which is less intrusive while the other intervenes a lot more and helps while riding through low-grip areas. The traction control system can be turned off as well.
The new 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 also offers a brand new TFT display. The TFT display also offers Bluetooth connectivity.
Thoughts About The 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650
The price of the new 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 has risen by Rs 21,000 compared to its predecessor. However, all the upgrades in the form of the revised design, new traction control, TFT display with Bluetooth connectivity and the new adjustable windscreen, the increase in price doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. In fact, the new bike feels more like a steal compared to the previous Versys 650.
The new Versys 650 will take on the likes of the Suzuki V-Strom 650XT and the Triumph Tiger Sport 660 and given that the Kawasaki undercuts both its rivals by around a lakh and half, it sure looks to be the better deal in this rather niche segment.