- News IMD issues yellow alert for thunderstorms, lightning for parts of Madhya Pradesh
- Sports Dravid as new coach? Check out Kohli's reaction
- Technology Poco M4 Pro 5G With Up 6GB RAM Spotted At FCC; When Is It Launching?
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Now Conduct Debit Card Services At New Micro ATMs of This Bank: Here’s How
- Movies Katrina Kaif Reviews Sardar Udham, Praises Rumoured Boyfriend Vicky Kaushal As 'Pure Talent'
- Lifestyle Sooryavanshi: All Set For Promotions, Katrina Kaif Looks Like A Dream In Her Floral Lehenga
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Yamaha will launch the new YZF-R15M in India on September 21, 2021. The new motorcycle will be a new version of the standard bike that is currently on sale in the country. The list of changes will include an all-new design and a couple of features additions.
The M badge from Yamaha is reserved for the performance versions of the standard bikes with improved power and torque figures. However, the new R15M launching in India will be limited to design change and features additions.
Starting with the changes, the new motorcycle is expected to be offered in three shades: Racing Blue, Silver & Blue, and Monster Energy Edition.
The new colours of the motorcycle will be complemented with a new front-end design. This includes an all-new faring hosing the single LED projector unit as seen on the MT-15 model. The headlamp is flanked on either side by the sleek LED DRLs placed inside a faux air intake.
Further, the new fairing houses improved aerodynamics with a sleek looking side profile with redesigned outlets and a taller windscreen. However, the biggest change on the motorcycle comes in the form of a gold-finished USD front fork. This is expected to improve the handling further on the premium entry-level suspersport motorcycle.
The changes on the rear are rather subtle compared to the front of the motorcycle. This includes a new LED taillamp and a new metallic heatshield for the exhaust.
As mentioned earlier, the engine and transmission are expected to remain unchanged from the R15 V3. The R15M will be using the same liquid-cooled, SOHC 155cc engine paired to a six-speed gearbox with slip & assist clutch as standard.
- Max power: 18.3bhp@10,000rpm
- Peak torque: 14.1Nm@8500rpm
The new motorcycle is also expected to feature an all-new digital instrument cluster that is now Bluetooth enabled for connected technology, which connects to Yamaha's proprietary smartphone application to provide a host of information to the rider in real-time.
While the front suspension gets an upgrade, the rear mono-shock is expected to remain the same. Braking on the motorcycle will be done via the same hardware as the R15 V3, which features a 282mm disc at the front and a 220mm disc at the rear.
The R15M will continue to feature the 17-inch alloy wheels with MRF Revz 100/80 section tyre at the front and 140/70 section tyre at the rear.
Other features such as an 11-litre fuel tank, clip-on handlebars, split grab rails, saree guard and a saddle height of 815mm will remain unchanged on the new motorcycle.
Thoughts About The Yamaha YZF-R15M India Launch
The Yamaha R15 has been the go-to motorcycle among the younger buyers looking for a faired bike. However, the version 3 motorcycle has been around for a while and needs a major update amidst its main rival, the KTM RC 200 also getting an update. The new design provides a fresh appeal to the new R15M and is sure to attract more buyers once launched in the country.
Image Source: RevNitro