- 2 hrs ago Ola To Invest USD 100M In Ola Futurefoundry: Over 200 Designers & Automotive Engineers To Be Employed
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Hits 14,000 Billings: Strong Demand Continues
- 8 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Baleno Production Started: May Get 5-Star Safety Rating
- 10 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The Yamaha Aerox 155: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Central Asia Summit: Leaders for non-discriminatory intl response to global health
- Sports We are planning to hold Ranji Trophy in two phases: BCCI treasurer Dhumal
- Finance Buy This Banking Stock For 35.6% Upside, In 1 Year: Emkay Global Recommends
- Movies Vipul Amrutlal Shah, Shefali Shah & Kirti Kulhari Celebrate The Grand Success Of Medical Thriller Human
- Lifestyle A 7-Month-Old Bengaluru Baby Diagnosed With Rare Genetic Disorder BENTA Disease: All About The Condition
- Technology Redmi Could Bring Another Model Alongside Note 11S In India; Is It Redmi Note 11
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
- Education SBI PO Main Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Download SBI PO Main 2021 Result On sbi.co.in
Yamaha is looking to launch a couple of new models in India. However, the brand's popular middle-weight offering in the BS4 era, the YZF-R3 is yet to receive a BS6 update.
Recently, there have been spotting of a new Yamaha motorcycle that is undergoing testing in India. At first, there were reports of the test mule to be the RZF-R15 V4.
However, soon after upon close examination, the test mule looked to be a larger motorcycle and is speculated to be the BS6-iteration of the R3 motorcycle in India. The test mule featured a centrally-placed headlamp much like the recently launched YZF-R7.
The rear section of the test mule looks similar to the R3 BS4 motorcycle. It also seems to feature a more aggressive riding stance than the BS4 motorcycle as the test rider sits committed on the test mule.
Apart from the new design, the new R3 BS6 motorcycle if launched could feature a dual-channel ABS along with a six-axis IMU sensor. Much like the R7, the new R3 could miss out on features such as traction control or power modes.
Regarding the engine, the 2021 R3 could be powered by the same 321cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin-cylinder engine that is updated to the BS6 emission norms.
The BS4 engine came paired to a six-speed gearbox producing a maximum of 41bhp at 10,750rpm and a peak torque of 29Nm at 9,000rpm.
Also, the old model featured a diamond frame resulting in a well-balanced motorcycle. The suspension duties were handled by a telescopic fork at the front and an adjustable mono-shock suspension unit at the rear.
Braking on the Yamaha R3 was done via a 298mm disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS. The BS6 motorcycle if launched could carry forward the same mechanicals.
Earlier this year, the brand launched the 2021 Yamaha R3 in Japan with updated paint schemes and the engine. The 2021 R3 also features a new fully digital instrument cluster offering a host of information to the rider. However, for the Indian market, the company might give a facelift to the front fairing and fascia.
Thoughts About The Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon
Yamaha could bring back the YZF-R3 to the Indian market. The new motorcycle could come with an all-new design, updated engine and features. The R3 is known to be popular among enthusiast buyers in the country. The YZF-R3 rivals the like of the TVS Apache RR 310 and the KTM RC 390.